Post is also available in: Italian
Today’s recipe was born by opening the fridge reciting the fateful question “What do I prepare for dinner?”. The answer was this this Zucchini Pie with Cheese and Curry, and given the result, I decided to propose it here on the blog. I find it a great recipe for those who don’tt consume meat, but who consume dairy products and eggs. To be consumed lukewarm or cold, in truth, I find that the pies are one of those preparations, which are much more tasty the next day. For this reason they are perfect preparations for a nice picnic, for a buffet, but they are also ideal for a light and tasty dinner.
There are many varieties with different types of pasta, the most used are the puff pastry or the brisè pasta and also with many different fillings. Cheese, with vegetables, with meat and even with fish. The most famous is certainly the Quiche Lorraine from French cuisine,with cheese filling, eggs and bacon.
How to Make Zucchini Cheese Pie
When preparing the filling for the pies, always brown or cook the ingredients like onions, meat, vegetables, bacon, etc., before mixing them together with the eggs, cheese and / or cream. I recommend you always let them cool a little, otherwise you risk cooking the eggs. This way you will be sure that all the ingredients will be cooked once the cake is baked. But above all you will add more flavor to your filling.
For the filling of this Zucchini Pie, I browned the courgettes and flavored them with curry, instead of cream I used the creme fraiche, and on top the Quartirolo cheese. The result? A light and substantial zucchini quiche recipe. A creamy filling with courgettes with a delicate curry flavor, and the intense flavor of quartirolo. All wrapped in a crispy puff pastry crust.
Zucchini Pie with Cheese and Curry
- 239 g Puff Pastry
- 4 Courgettes
- 1 Leek
- 200 g Creme Fraiche
- 200 g Quartirolo Cheese
- 5 g Dry Garlic
- 15 g Curry
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- Roll out the pastry and lay it with the parchment paper in the pan.
- Wash the vegetables. Cut the leek and courgettes in half and then cut them into thin slices. Cut the quartirolo into slices that are not too thick, crumble it and set it aside in a bowl.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan. Once hot, brown the garlic and leeks. When they start to wilt, add the zucchini and curry. Continue to brown until cooked. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Place the pastry with its parchment paper in the pan.
- Preriscaldate il forno a 180 °C.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the creme fraiche and a pinch of salt. Add the sautéed vegetables and mix well. Pour the mixture into the pan and sprinkle it evenly over the entire base. Finally, take the crumbled quartirolo and cover the entire surface of the cake.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Once cooked, cool a little before serving, it will help the mixture to take firmness.
Did You Make This Recipe? Tag @RecipesJourney on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #recipesjourney