Post is also available in: Italian
Delicious and velvety, healthy and nutritious, the Sweet Potato Smoothie is truly something to try! Personally I always prepare a generous amount, without making it too liquid and then I keep it in the fridge. When I feel like it, I put some in the glass, add the amount of milk I want and garnish with cream. It is perfect for a snack, for a snack or as a dessert.
Sweet Potato Smoothie Recipe
The Sweet Potato Smoothie is often recommended in diets because sweet potatoes are rich in different nutrients such as fiber, vitamin C, A and B6. They are not caloric like normal potatoes and have many minerals, magnesium, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and manganese.
There are several sweet potatoes, with orange paste, used for the classic American Sweet Potato Pie. The white ones (my favorites) and the purple ones. They all have different flavors and textures, I recommend you try them if you have the chance!
As I write this I came up with how good they are simply roasted, perhaps under the coals and I wonder how it would be to prepare a smoothie with a roasted potato… As soon as I can I absolutely have to try! meanwhile, here is the recipe to prepare a delicious and simple Sweet Potato Smoothie!
Sweet Potato Smoothie
- 450 g Sweet Potatoes
- 300 ml Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbs Maple Syrup per serving
- Fresh Cream whipped
- Heat a pot full of water and when the water is hot, cook the sweet potato (s). As soon as they are soft, turn off the heat, drain and let them cool.
- Once cold, peel them (in case you cooked them with the skin) and put them in the blender glass. Add the milk, vanilla and ice. Blend everything.
- Pour the maple syrup into the glass and add the smoothie, if it is too thick add a little milk and mix.
- Add a generous amount of whipped cream and serve with a straw.