Post is also available in: Italian
A nice not too thin shortcrust pastry, delicious pink grapefruit cream and sweet and fresh strawberries. You just can’t resist and one slice leads to another! The Strawberries Tart with Pink Grapefruit Cream is a variation of the classic strawberry tart with custard.
Strawberry Tart With Cream
The strawberry cream tart is one of the most popular tarts. There are many variations, the one I have prepared includes a pink grapefruit flavored cream using its peels. It’s a fresh and very inviting dessert, typically spring, but now you can find excellent strawberries all year round so it’s not necessary to wait for its season to be able to give us a nice Strawberry Tart with Cream.
If you love strawberry tarts, try it too
Strawberries Tart With Pink Grapefruit Cream
- 400 g Shortcrust Pastry
Pink Grapefruit Pastry Cream
- 650 ml Milk
- 1 – ½ Pink Grapefruits peel
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 45 g Pastry Flour
- 2 Tbsp Potato Starch
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- 6 Yolks
- 700 g Strawberries
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 14 g Gelatine
- 15 g Caster Sugar
- 45 ml Water
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry and place it in the greased and floured mold.400 g Shortcrust Pastry
- Once the pan is lined, prick the bottom with the help of the tines of a fork. Cover it with baking paper and lay the balls for cooking in white, alternatively you can use a handful of chickpeas or beans.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 ° C, once finished remove the parchment paper with the weights and cook it for another 5 minutes to brown it.
- Once cooked, let it cool for a few minutes, then take it out of the mold and let it cool on a wire rack.
Pink Grapefruit Pastry Cream
- Peel the grapefruits, trying to cut the white part as less as possible.1 – ½ Pink Grapefruits
- Heat the milk with the grapefruit peels over low heat.650 ml Milk
- In a bowl, mix the sugar with the egg yolks and the vanilla extract.1 tsp Vanilla Extract, 100 g Caster Sugar, 6 Yolks
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add the flour and the sifted starch.45 g Pastry Flour, 2 Tbsp Potato Starch
- Once the milk has come to a boil, turn off the heat and start pouring the hot milk a little at a time, without putting the skins, into the mix of eggs and sugar, stirring. Continues until it's mixed everything well.
- Return the mixture to simmer over low heat, continuing to stir. When the cream starts boiling it will be ready.
- Sieve the cream by pouring it into a baking dish and cover it with the plastic wrap making it adhere to the surface of the cream. Let it cool and then store it in the fridge.
Fill the Tart
- Try to choose strawberries that are the most similar to each other and slice them, to set aside the first and last slice of each strawberry, which will be served later.
- Take the shortcrust pastry shell, and fill it with the grapefruit cream.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries starting from the outermost part in a concentric manner up to the center, creating a sort of flower.700 g Strawberries
- In a saucepan, put the jelly for pies, the parts of leftover strawberries and the wateran lemon juice and put on the stove. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly. When it starts to boil, turn it off and filter it with a colander and let it cool for 5 minutes.1 Lemon Juice, 14 g Gelatine, 45 ml Water, 15 g Caster Sugar
- Pour the gelatine over the tart to cover the strawberries.
- Put the tart in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a professional nutritionist.