Post is also available in: Italian
Spicy, crunchy, juicy and simply delicious, the Spicy Chicken Burger with Potatoes with Parmesan is all of this! Do you fancy a really special sandwich? Then you are reading the right recipe! It may seem a bit complex but all your “effort” will be well rewarded!
Spicy Chicken Burger
The sandwich that I propose to you today is inspired by the thousands of images you can see on Ig, of delicious sandwiches with fried chicken covered with a spicy sauce and melted cheese. It is the first time I prepared one and despite everything I preferred to concentrate on a few ingredients, focusing a lot on the obviously home made sauce! But let’s see the various elements that make up this delightful monster!
The bread is homemade, to be precise, they are our delicious and soft Burgers Buns with Milk, which you can easily prepare the day before.
The sauce is made up of many ingredients but not impossible to find, perhaps the most particular is the Chipotle Red Jalapeno Pepper, which is a not very spicy Mexican pepper, with a toasted and smoked taste.
I chose the chicken thigh because it is my favorite part, meaty, always tender and tasty and above all it remains juicy and not dry like the breast.
I didn’t want a lot of toppings for this Spicy Chicken Burger, I wanted to focus a lot on the sauce and on the chicken. So I opted for some chedder cheese (it was almost a must!), pickled gherkins which I love madly and fried onion flakes which in itself they are already perfect on their own. And here’s a really tough sandwich! But I couldn’t not accompany my Spicy Chicken Burger with potatoes!
I opted for baked potatoes instead of fried, I blanched the potatoes with their skin and then I dressed them with a cream based on mayonnaise and parmesan. The mayonnaise I used in this recipe is particular because it’s flavored with ancient Dijon mustard (you can find it in many supermarkets) but you can use a normal one or the one you prefer!
If you love Burgers, try too the
Spicy Chicken Burger With Parmesan Potatoes
- 3 Chicken Thigh deboned
- q.s Black Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 3 cloves Garlic
- q.s. Salt
- 210 g Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire
- ½ Tbsp Dry Garlic
- 35 g White Onion
- 1 tsp Dry Chili Pepper
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Strong Paprika
- 1 tsp Red Chipotle Jalapeno Chili Pepper
- 50 g Demerara Sugar
- ¼ tsp Thyme
- ¼ tsp Rosemary
- 1 Bay Leave
- ½ Tbsp English Mustard Powder
- q.s. Black Pepper
- 500 g Water
- q.s. Salt
- 50 g Butter
- 500 g Potatoes
- 40 g Mayonnaise
- q.s. Salt
- q.s. Black Pepper
- 100 g Parmesan Cheese
- ½ tsp Rosemary in powder
- 2 tsp Chives
- 15 g Butter
For the Sandwich
- Sunflower Oil for frying
- 200 g Panko Bread Crumbs
- 200 g Breadcrumbs
- 3 Hamburger Buns
- 12 slices Pickled Gherkins
- 6 slices Cheddar Cheese
- 3 tsp Mayonnaise
- 100 g Crispy Fried Onion
- ½ Iceberg Lettuce
- Take 3 chicken thighs and deboned, making cuts in the meat. I left the skin of the chicken but if you prefer you can remove it.
- In a bowl, beat an egg and add the crushed garlic and ingredients, mix well to dissolve the salt and add the thighs.3 Chicken Thigh, q.s Black Pepper, 1 Egg, 3 cloves Garlic, q.s. Salt
- Make the marinade stick well, cover the container and store in the fridge. Put to marinate at least a day before or in the morning for the evening so that it tastes well.
- In a saucepan, put all the ingredients for the sauce except for the salt and butter.210 g Tomato Sauce, 1 Tbsp Sriracha, 2 Tbsp Worcestershire, ½ Tbsp Dry Garlic, 35 g White Onion, 1 tsp Dry Chili Pepper, 1 tsp Sweet Paprika, 1 tsp Smoked Paprika, 1 tsp Strong Paprika, 1 tsp Red Chipotle Jalapeno Chili Pepper, 50 g Demerara Sugar, ¼ tsp Thyme, ¼ tsp Rosemary, 1 Bay Leave, ½ Tbsp English Mustard Powder, q.s. Black Pepper, 500 g Water
- Cook the sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally until it has restricted.
- Once ready, add the butter and mix to melt it, season with salt and keep it aside.q.s. Salt, 50 g Butter
- Wash well the potatoes, removing all traces of soil.500 g Potatoes
- Put a saucepan with plenty of salted water on the stove.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and when the water is hot, dip them in water for 5/7 minutes according to the size.
- Drain the potatoes on kitchen paper so that it absorbs the water.
- In a bowl put the grated Parmesan, and the other ingredients mix well and then add the potatoes while still hot. Gently mix and set aside.40 g Mayonnaise, q.s. Salt, q.s. Black Pepper, 100 g Parmesan Cheese, ½ tsp Rosemary, 2 tsp Chives, 15 g Butter
- In a dish, mix the panko and breadcrumbs.200 g Panko Bread Crumbs, 200 g Breadcrumbs
- Cut the burger bread in half and spread a light veil of mayonnaise on the inside of the buns.3 Hamburger Buns, 3 tsp Mayonnaise
- Slice the lettuce.½ Iceberg Lettuce
- Heat the oven to 200 ° C.
- Pour the oil into the frying pan and start heating the oil.Sunflower Oil
- Place the potato wedges on a non-stick or baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place in the oven and cook until the potatoes have formed a golden crust.
- Take the chicken and drain the excess marinade and pass it in the breadcrumbs mix so that it adheres completely to the meat. Repeat for all thighs.
- Cook one thigh at a time by dipping it in oil and cooking it for 2/3 minutes. When it's slightly golden, remove it from the oil and drain it. Repeat for each piece.
- As the chicken begins to cook, toast the slices of bread in the pan on the mayonnaise side and then set them aside.
- After the first frying, cook again one piece at a time for 2/3 minutes until the chicken is perfectly golden and cooked. Once drained, place 2 slices of cheese on each piece of chicken so that it melts.6 slices Cheddar Cheese
- Put a spoonful of sauce on the base of the sandwich, then the chicken with the cheese, a handful of onion and the gherkins. Put some sauce on the bread and close the sandwich with a toothpick.100 g Crispy Fried Onion, ½ Iceberg Lettuce, 12 slices Pickled Gherkins
If the cheese hasn’t melted properly or the chicken has cooled down a bit, bake the open sandwich for a few minutes while the oven is still hot.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a professional nutritionist.