Post is also available in: Italian
If like us, you love spicy foods, you will love this recipe. The Spicy Asian Sauce Recipe is inspired by the many Asian sauces, to be added to taste in various dishes. We considered it spicy, but of course the tolerance to spiciness is subjective, so someone could also find it very spicy. We tried the sauce in various dishes, like this Arancini Recipe but also with noodles, ramen, hamburgers and also to create a sauce for the Chinese Dumplings. It has a delicate flavor, where garlic, ginger and fish sauce are perfectly balanced. It’s easy to prepare and can easily be stored in the fridge for a long time, keeping it properly.
The Chili Sauce Recipe
Hot chili sauce or spicy in general, are present in many cuisines around the world. Here in Italy it is a “culture” more present in the southern regions. In fact, the variants of southern Italian chili peppers are very famous and appreciated. Italy, however, is not the only country that overlooks the Mediterranean that uses chilies, including Spain, northern African countries and Greece. Obviously, its use is also found in the Middle-Eastern, Eastern and Americas countries. Obviously, the flavors change depending on the country, and the type of peppers present. In the Mediterranean area, the spicy is combined with ingredients such as garlic, oregano, basil, usually in cooked sauces or sausages.
While in Asian countries chilies are often used raw in sauces pounded with mortars to be served with meat, fried fish, salads, ravioli and soups. Combine ingredients such as sugar, garlic, ginger, fish sauce, lemongrass, mint and many other aromatic ingredients. Let’s not forget the beloved American barbecue sauce, which can be found both spicy and sweet. So you can really say that you could eat a hot chili sauce a day without ever having to eat the same. This Spicy Asian Sauce Recipe is one of our variations.
Spicy Asian Sauce Recipe
- 250 g Sunflower Oil or other vegetable (not of Olive)
- 8 Prairie Fire Chillies
- 4 Guindilla Chillies
- 5 g Dry Chili flakes
- 5 Friggitelli Peppers or sweet chillies
- 100 g Ginger
- 1 Shallot
- 20 cloves Garlic
- 30 ml Soy Sauce
- 15 g Coconut Flower Syrup o Palm sugar
- 30 ml Fish Sauce
- 5 g Granulated Chicken Broth
- Clean the garlic cloves, the shallot and wash the ginger root, roughly cut it without removing the peel. Put everything in the mixer and blend everything. Put it aside.
- Wash and remove the stalks from the hot peppers and sweet peppers, roughly cut and blend them too.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, if you have an even better wock.
- Once the oil is hot, pour the chopped ginger, garlic and shallot and cook over medium low heat for 5 – 7 minutes, stirring. Then pour the peppers too.
- Sauté for another 5 to 7 minutes while adding the rest of the ingredients in this order soy sauce, fish sauce, coconut syrup and chicken broth. Once cooked, cool down, keep in a jar in the fridge.
Did You Make This Recipe? Tag @RecipesJourney on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #recipesjourney