Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
The Spanish Brava Sauce, is a typical spicy sauce, very popular used to accompany one of the most popular tapas both in Spain and around the world, the Patatas Bravas, The Spanish version of chips and Salsa Brava is definitely the Spanish version of ketchup. It’s prepared with fresh tomatoes, onion and a mix of sweet and spicy paprika, and cayenne pepper. The best good sauce? Simple, the one you can make at home!
Preparing The Spanish Brava Sauce
Preparing this sauce is really quick and easy. Cuts into cubes, even if not regular, some beautiful ripe tomatoes, you can uses some Perini or cluster tomatoes. Chop garlic and onion and brown, add spices, then tomatoes, fade with sherry vinegar or apple vinegar, and let it cook until the liquids are reduced. Once cooked, just blend everything and then pass it in a sieve to get a nice smooth sauce without lumps.
The amount of cayenne pepper in the Salsa brava recipe can easily vary according to your tastes and omit it if you think the spiciness of paprika will be enough. There are some variations such as the use of vegetable broth or chicken to enrich its flavor, the use of flour to thicken it. To make it really special replace the sweet paprika with the smoked one.
Once ready, just sprinkle the fry potatoes with the sauce, and you’ll have the authentic Patatas Bravas! Of course you can also use it to add a touch to other dishes such as Bocadillo with Squid, one of the many variations of this Spanish sandwich, in this case stuffed with delicious rings of fried squid! But considering how good and easy it’s, you’ll find other fancy ways to use Spanish Brava Sauce!
Spanish Brava Sauce
- 700 g Tomatoes Perini or clusters
- 100 g White Onion
- 5 g Caster Sugar
- 10 g Garlic
- 5 g Cayenne Pepper to taste or optional
- 5 g Sweet Paprika
- 5 g Strong Paprika
- 2 g Black Pepper
- 10 g Apple Cider Vinegar or Serry Vineger
- 30 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 g Salt
- Dice the onion and chop the garlic. Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- Heat a saucepan with olive oil and sauté the garlic and onion with a pinch of salt, until the onion is translucent.10 g Garlic, 30 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 5 g Salt, 100 g White Onion
- Add all the spices and sugar, fry for 2 minutes then add the tomatoes.5 g Caster Sugar, 5 g Cayenne Pepper, 5 g Sweet Paprika, 5 g Strong Paprika, 2 g Black Pepper, 700 g Tomatoes
- Once the tomatoes are soft, add the sherry or apple vinegar and finish cooking.10 g Apple Cider Vinegar
- With an immersion blender, blend the sauce and then pass it through a sieve to remove the peels and seeds of the tomatoes.
- Let it cool and store it in a jar in the fridge.
Le informazioni nutrizionali mostrate sono una stima fornita da un calcolatore nutrizionale online. Non deve essere considerato un sostituto del consiglio di un nutrizionista professionista.