Post is also available in: Italian
Fragrant and delicious, freshly baked bread has something very special. It’s impossible to wait for it to cool down, because it’s at that moment that it is at its best. The best way to be able to enjoy it fresh from the oven is go to the baker very early, or prepare it at home. Obviously I opted for the second one. We put aside the planetary mixer to be able to offer you a recipe for Sourdough Loaf Bread made entirely by hand, to envy even the baker!
Bakery with Natural Yeast Bread
Nowadays you can see everywhere recipes for preparing sourdough at home but is it really that simple to prepare homemade bread with sourdough? Well yes, obviously as for bread with classic yeast there are many more or less simple recipes. This is not complicated, it has an average rising time and basic ingredients. There are different types of mother yeast, the dry one that you can find now in all supermarkets and then the fresh one.
My mother has decided to prepare it, since here at home we practically do not buy bread anymore, and natural yeast gives you the opportunity to always have available yeast and in addition it really gives a lot of satisfaction in baking, but also in recipes that include a leavening. The recipe will arrive soon! Presto arriverà la ricetta!
How Make Easy Sourdough Loaf Bread
When we prepare this bread, for cooking, we use a pyrex pot with a lid. The result is a loaf with a crunchy crust, which you hear creaking and crackling as soon as it comes out of the oven. A soft and firm crumb. It is ideal for sandwiches, bruschetta or to be served at the table.
As I said, to cook this Sourdough Loaf Bread we use a pyrex pan with the lid, but it’s also possible to use a cast iron or terracotta pot with the lid. If you don’t have any of these, you can remedy using a normal pan and cover it well with aluminum foil, perhaps double. In this way you will get excellent cooking and a nice crispy crust. The cooking temperature is quite high, with our oven we use a temperature of 220 °C but the original recipe also spoke of 250 °C. Everything goes according to your oven.
Sourdough Loaf Bread
- 500 g Whole Grain Flour
- 300 ml Water lukewarm 37 °C
- 100 g Sourdough Starter solid type or 20 g of fresh yeast
- 1 tsp Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Dissolve the yeast in the water with the sugar.
- Put the flour in a bowl and make a hole in the center. Put the salt on the edge of the fountain.
- Pour the lukewarm water with the yeast in the center and mix by mixing the ingredients in a homogeneous mixture.
- Make a ball with the dough, lay it in a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap or with a leavening cloth and let it rise for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, take back the dough and deflate it by letting out all the air. Shape the dough according to how you want the loaf and place it in a pyrex pan with a lid, or in a pan that you will later cover with foil.
- Make a cut on the loaf and let it rest for 30-40 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 220 °C.
- At the end of the leavening, cover the pan and bake for 20 minutes. At the end of them uncover the loaf and brown it to taste.
- Once ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.