Post is also available in: Italian
Soft Orange Cookies are really good treats. They are soft and fragrant really delicious whether alone or soaked in milk. Many recipes, almost all in truth, cover this type of biscuit with powdered sugar but since they are not / we are lovers of sweets that are too sugary, I omit it as I do very often but know that if you want a sprinkling of sugar it is not bad, indeed.
Prepare Soft Orange Cookies
The preparation of these sweets is really simple and above all quick, in fact it will only take 40 minutes and you can enjoy these little delights. My mom usually adds the chocolate chips to make them even more delicious, but you can omit them or use raisins. Their scent is truly irresistible and they are really short-lived here at home. When preparing them try to use untreated oranges as the peel will also be needed, but I recommend not the white part which is bitter.
Soft Orange Cookies
- 300 g Pastry Flour
- 40 ml Sunflower Oil other vegetable oil or 40 g of butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 Orange Peel grated
- 100 ml Orange Juice filtered
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- 7 g Cake Yeast or bakig powder
- In a bowl combine the grated orange peel, juice and sugar. Mix and let it rest for about ten minutes.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and keep it aside.
- Add the whole egg and mix it with the sugar and flavorings. Once well mixed add the oil and mix everything.
- Gradually add the sifted flour with the baking powder, when the dough is homogeneous add the chocolate chips and mix once more.
- Turn on the convection oven at 170 ° C, once hot, cook them for 20 minutes. If you don't have an oven with ventilation, use the static oven at 180 ° C for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, put them on a wire rack to cool.
Did You Make This Recipe? Tag @RecipesJourney on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #recipesjourney