Post is also available in: Italian
Soft and fragrant, these Sesame Biscuits With Coconut are small soft delights that are impossible to resist. Rich in sesame and coconut, delicious on their own, accompanied by a nice foamy cappuccino with cream or to be crumbled on a nice cup of ice cream strictly with cream!
Sesame Biscuits With Coconut
In Italy the Sicilian sesame seed cookies or the Reginelle are very famous. They are crunchy biscuits prepared with shortcrust pastry and then covered with sesame seeds. These delicious sesame biscuits that I am about to offer you instead, are an invention so as not to throw away the scraps of chopped sesame, used to prepare the Sesame Seed Milk or Horchata De Ajonjolí.
How To Make Sesame Cookies
To prepare them I soaked dry grated coconut in a mix of cream and coconut milk along with sugar. Once the coconut was hydrated, I added the ground sesame to the mixture. In a separate bowl with a whisk I whipped the eggs with the icing sugar to obtain a frothy mixture. I added the melted butter and then I incorporated the 00 flour a little at a time until it was finished. Finally I added the
sesame and coconut mixture. With a spoon I formed balls of dough by placing them on a pan with baking paper and then I put them in the oven for 15 minutes at 180°C.
These biscuits with sesame seeds, as I said, were created so as not to throw away the sesame used in another preparation, so if you prepare them with “fresh” seeds, blend them with a blender to break them up so that their aroma comes out better and then run the recipe.
To obtain vegan sesame seed biscuits, just use only coconut butter and replace the eggs with a ripe banana or with soy yogurt or cornstarch, the sesame biscuits will surely change in consistency but they will certainly be delicious.
Soft Sesame Cookie Recipe
The Sesame Biscuits With Coconut are soft and crumbly, delicious eaten on their own as a snack, but they can become a delicious addition to a nice hot cappuccino with whipped cream, making it a real super tasty dessert, used as a wafer to accompany a nice ice cream and much more.
Sesame seed biscuits are simple and quick to prepare and if well stored they can last a long time. To keep them in the best possible way, I recommend a good cookie jar or an airtight bag to make sure they don’t dry out too much.
Sesame Biscuits With Coconut
- 150 g Dehydrated Grated Coconut
- 200 ml Coconut Cream
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 200 g Pastry Flour
- 200 g White Sesame Seeds crushed
- 100 g Sugar Cane
- 60 g Icing Sugar
- 50 g Coconut Butter melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 Yolk
- In a bowl, soak the coconut in the milk and the coconut cream, also adding the brown sugar, and set aside for 15 minutes then add the sesame too.150 g Dehydrated Grated Coconut, 200 ml Coconut Cream, 200 ml Coconut Milk, 100 g Sugar Cane, 200 g White Sesame Seeds
- Work the egg and yolk with the icing sugar until it is whipped.1 Egg, 1 Yolk, 60 g Icing Sugar
- Add the melted butter, mix and add the sifted flour a little at a time and mix everything.50 g Coconut Butter, 200 g Pastry Flour
- Add the sesame and coconut mixture and mix creating a well blended dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Cover a pan with baking paper, shape balls with a spoon or wet your hands and shape them by hand, place them on the pan according to their size.
- Bake the biscuits for 15 minutes, once cooked, cool them by placing them on a wire rack.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a professional nutritionist.