Post is also available in: Italian
Scallion Chinese Sauceis a typical Chinese sauce with an intense flavor of shallots and spring onions and spices such as cinnamon and star anise. A tasty, versatile and truly irresistible sauce.
Scallion Chinese Sauce
Chinese Shallot Sauce, is the sauce to prepare Shallot Noodles. To prepare them, you only need Chinese Egg Noodles, the sauce and the spring onions and shallots used to prepare them.
It is a sauce based on an oil flavored through a slow frying of spring onions, shallots and spices such as cinnamon, star anise, bay leaf and ginger. Once flavored, just add soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar to cook for a couple of minutes and voila! You will have a nice jar of delicious Scallion Chinese Sauce that you can not only use for Shallot Noodles but also to make various Lo Mein dishes, make sauteed rice.
Personally, I also experimented with it to give a little more flavor in a quick soup, with ravioli, with white rice and steamed salmon… It goes really well with everything, now as soon as it finishes I immediately prepare some more. Try it and let me know with which dishes you tried it!
If you like Chinese cuisine, try it too this recipe
Scallion Chinese Sauce
- 240 g Corn Oil or other vegetable (no olive)
- 200 g Shallots
- 190 g Green Onions
- 35 g Ginger
- 1 stick Cinnamon
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 piece Star Anise
- 136 g Soy Sauce
- 140 g Oyster Sauce
- 43 g Tamari Soy Sauce or dark soy sauce
- 33 g Sugar Cane
- 13 g Lard or butter (optional)
- Cut the shallot into thin slices. Cuts the spring onions separating the green parts from the white ones. Cut the white parts in half.200 g Shallots, 190 g Green Onions
- Heat the oil in the wok. When it's hot, add the shallot, ginger, cinnamon. bay leaf and anise. Fry them gently until the shallot is golden. (10 min)200 g Shallots, 35 g Ginger, 1 stick Cinnamon, 2 Bay Leaves, 1 piece Star Anise, 240 g Corn Oil
- Once golden, drain, putting the shallots aside on kitchen paper.
- Saute the green onions over medium-low heat until golden brown and then drain and place them on kitchen paper. (8-10 min)190 g Green Onions
- Add the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, dark soy sauce and lard (optional).136 g Soy Sauce, 140 g Oyster Sauce, 43 g Tamari Soy Sauce, 33 g Sugar Cane, 13 g Lard
- Cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes and the sauce is ready.
- Store in a jar in the fridge once cooled.
- Shake the jar before each use.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a professional nutritionist.