Post is also available in: Italian
Have you ever tasted the cocktails of the Hard Rock Cafè? No? Don’t worry, we’ll fix it right away! Today we enjoy a nice Rockin Fresh Rita cocktail! It’s a cocktail that was offered for a short period of time, during the Cinco de Mayo celebrations, a holiday celebrated in Mexico and America. Its name, refers to a famous Tequila-based cocktail or the Marga”rita” but at the same time, Rockin ‘Rita is a famous rock song by Bill Haley & His Comets from 1958 and knowing the style of the Hard Rock Cafè probably is not a case.
The Rockin Fresh Rita Cocktail
As I said it’s a long drink, which means that it’s a drink served with a large amount of ice, going to dilute the alcohol of the cocktail little by little making it “lighter”. And to be precise, practically all Hard Rock Cafè cocktails are long drinks, designed to be sipped with their dishes.
The recipe of Rockin Fresh Rita cocktail, includes white tequila also called “Silver” or “Plata”, lime juice and agave syrup, practically a reinterpretation of the classic Margarita. But in truth, the ingredients of this cocktail are the same as Tommy’s Margarita, a variant of the Margarita that is part of the short drink, served in the classic cocktail glass without ice. Both prepared in the shaker, differ in quantity and mode of service.
The decoration of Rockin Fresh Rita drink includes, slices of lime and a crusta made with salt and spices, unfortunately in the recipes reported on the web, including those of the Hard Rock Cafe, do not specify which spices are. The only clue I had was the red color (definitely spicy), so I decided to add to the salt some smoked paprika and Aleppo pepper which has a delicate spiciness and a delicious scent. I only rimmed a part of the glass, so as not to make the presence of spices, especially smoked paprika, too intrusive.
To serve the Rockin Fresh Rita cocktail you can use a glass can, those with the handle to be clear, or simply a classic glass jar that we commonly have at home. Alternatively you can use a Hi-Ball.
The result was a very pleasant cocktail to sip, able to whet your appetite, thanks also to the scent of smoked paprika and the light spiciness of Aleppo chili. I recommend it to accompany nice grilled mixed meat maybe or with some succulent ribs with our Smoked BBQ Sauce or for a faster dish our Hamburger with Cheese. But now let’s get our shakers on and make our Rockin Fresh Rita cocktail!
Rockin Fresh Rita Cocktail By Hard Rock Cafè
- Glass Cocktail Jar
- Cocktail Stick
- 60 ml Tequila white
- 45 ml Agave Syrup
- 45 ml Lime Juice filtered
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ⅛ tsp Aleppo Chili Pepper flakes or powder
- 2 wedges Lime
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, paprika, and Aleppo pepper. Cut a lime in half, and cut two quarters out of one half and stick them with a Cocktail Stick or toothpick.¼ tsp Salt, ⅛ tsp Smoked Paprika, ⅛ tsp Aleppo Chili Pepper
- With lime juice, rub about ¼ or at most half the rim of the glass and with the help of a teaspoon form the crusta with the mix of spices and salt. Put the glass in a cool place in the freezer or fill it with ice, in this case pay attention to the rim.
- In the shaker pour 60 ml of White Tequila, 45 ml of Lime Juice and 45 ml of Syrup or Agave nectar.60 ml Tequila, 45 ml Agave Syrup, 45 ml Lime Juice
- Add the ice, close the shaker tightly and shake for 10/12 seconds.
- Open the Shaker, take the glass, fill it with clean ice and pour the cocktail, filtering it, always paying attention to the edge. Decorate with straws and the previously prepared lime slices.2 wedges Lime
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a professional nutritionist.