Post is also available in: Italian
Pumpkin Spice Latte is a typical American hot drink. It’s sweet, spicy and very fragrant, not to mention that it’s really delicious. The spices used are a decidedly autumnal mix, which is called Pumpkin Spice and is composed of:
- Cinnamon which is at the base of the mix
- Ginger powder
- Allspice also known as All Spice or Pimiento
This mix is easy to replicate at home and I assure you it’s really yummy. Cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger are easy to find in powder form, cloves and jamaica pepper just need to be pulverized with a mortar or grinder. In the blackmail you will also find the doses to prepare this mix.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
Pumpkin Spice Latte was created in 2003 by Starbucks, who test it in the cities of Vancuver and Washington, D.C. The excellent response from the public led the company to put it on the market the following year. Since then it has been offered every year during the period between August and January. In 2015 Starbucks changed the recipe by introducing pumpkin puree and eliminating dyes. The popularity of the drink led people to replicate it at home, and now it is spread everywhere even where the well-known café is not present.
The preparation is simple and there are several ways you can add spices to the water to cook the pumpkin, there are those who heat them in milk or those like me who add them to the already cooked pumpkin puree, so that you can prepare it in any moment since I always do some in case someone wants an encore.
If you like pumpkin you could also try the:
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 300 g Pumpkin
- 2 tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon ground
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg ground
- ¼ tsp Ginger ground
- ⅛ tsp Cloves ground
- ⅛ tsp Allspice ground
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 250 ml Milk
- 1 tbs Pumpkin Pure
- 60 ml Coffee espresso or moka
- Fresh Cream whipped or spray
- Steam the pumpkin or boil it. Meanwhile, prepare the spice mix.
- Once cooked, blend it and add the spices, I used 1 tsp but add it in according to your tastes.
- Prepare the coffee, and put the milk to heat.
- Once the milk is hot, blend it with a whisk to froth the milk.
- Add 2 tbs of pumpkin puree and mix well, pour it into the cup, add the coffee and fill the cup with whipped cream. Lightly sprinkle with the pumpkin spices and sevi accompanied with a teaspoon.