Post is also available in: Italian
A thin crunchy crust on the outside and a soft and fragrant interior of pumpkin and spices. Here is my Semi-Sweet pumpkin loaf bread. Autumn is the time really rich in products that I like, persimmons, chestnuts and of course pumpkins. There are really many varieties, the ones I prefer are Hokkaido and Butternut, which I used to prepare this Pumpkin Loaf with a mix of spices that in America is called Pumpkins Spice, also used to prepare Pumpkin Spiced Latte.
Pumpkin Loaf Bread
There are many recipes to prepare both savory and sweet Pumpkin Loaf Bread. Undoubtedly the sweet ones are really more inviting and can be personalized with various ingredients such as nuts and other dried fruit, raisins, dried apricots and much more. The pumpkin must be cooked beforehand before using it to prepare the dessert, you can steam it or boil it. I used the second method also because the pumpkin to be cooked was not a lot. As soon as it is cooked, drain it without leaving it too long in the water so that it does not absorb too much and let it cool completely. The Pumpkin Loaf in America is a recipe prepared in autumn and especially in the Haloween period and the Thanksgiving holiday. For my Pumpkin Loaf I wanted to use a little sugar in the dough and make it almost neutral. I added a mix of Pumpkin Spices to make it fragrant, namely: Cinnamon, Cloves, Jamaica Pepper (also called All Spice or Pimiento), Nutmeg and Ginger Powder. To finish it, I brushed it with beaten egg and milk and sprinkled with sugar grains.
Pumpkin Loaf Bread Semi-Sweet
- 500 g All Purpose Flour
- 300 g Pumpkin
- 20 g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 8 g Salt
- 7 g Instant Yeast
- 60 g Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 15 g Milk
- Caster Sugar granulated
- 1 tsp Cinnamon in powder
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg in powder
- ¼ tsp Ginger in powder
- ⅛ tsp Cloves in powder
- ⅛ tsp Allspice in powder
- Steam or boil the pumpkin. As soon as it is soft, turn off the heat and remove it from the steamer or drain it. Let it cool completely.
- Once cold, mash the pumpkin and work it with the sugar. Once creamy, add the egg and work it in order to incorporate everything.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and start working it in a spatula or kitchen spoon, in order to distribute the pumpkin throughout the flour. Now you can use the mixer using the hook.
- Work it until it is grouped, then add the butter one piece at a time. When you have incorporated everything, continue kneading for 10 minutes.
- Once you have a smooth dough, remove it from the mixer, create a ball and divide it into three equal parts. Make three long salami 3/4 cm in diameter and make one Braid.
- Place the braid of dough in the mold, cover it and let it rise for 2 hours and 30 in a warm place (leavening function of the oven or at minimum temperature).
- Once it has risen, remove it from the oven and preheat the oven to 170 °C.
- Brush the loaf with a beaten egg with 1 tablespoon of milk and sprinkle with sprinkles. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, unmold and allow to cool completely on a rack.