Post is also available in: Italian
It’s pumpkin time! And since I love it (as you can see from the various recipes already published) here is a new and truly delicious recipe. Pumpkin and Coconut Soup with Prawns and Sweet Potatoes. This soup is truly something spatial!
How To Make Pumpkin And Coconut Soup
When time is short, a vegetable cream is always the best thing. I admit that I am quite selective when I prepare creams because for example the classic vegetable puree made with Minestrone is not one of my favorite dishes, at all. I find that a few well-matched vegetables are the best combination to be able to savor them. Pumpkin and sweet potatoes are one of my favorite combinations, I had recently prepared the Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Soup and Sausage and it occurred to me to try to create a slightly different cream and here is the Pumpkin and Coconut Soup with Prawns and Sweet Potatoes!
I decided to opt for a slightly exotic flavor by using coconut milk and accentuating the flavor with coconut butter to whip the cream, instead of the classic butter. Ginger is an ingredient that enhances coconut and goes well with both pumpkin and sweet potato. To accompany it, I chose to prepare garlic prawns to give a nice contrast and also because garlic and ginger are the basis of practically all oriental cuisine. I used the oil released from cooking the prawns to decorate and enrich the soup itself. And finally, chopped fresh coriander and fresh lime for an aromatic and fresh note.
This soup was meant to be eaten hot but I found it cold and pleasantly delicious too. It may seem complicated but in reality it’s really simple and now I’ll explain how to prepare this delicious Pumpkin and Coconut Soup, which will captivate you or at least I hope!
Pumpkin And Coconut Soup With Prawns And Sweet Potatoes
- 1 l Water
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 kg Pumpkins
- 600 g Sweet Potatoes
- 400 ml Coconut Milk
- 10 g Ginger fresh
- 30 g Coconut Butter
- 400 g Prawns
- 1 tsp Dry Garlic
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- to taste Salt
- to taste Black Pepper
- to taste Coriander
- 1 Limes
- In a large saucepan, pour 1 liter of water, the pumpkin and potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces, the ginger and fresh garlic. Cook over medium heat.1 l Water, 2 cloves Garlic, 1 kg Pumpkins, 600 g Sweet Potatoes, 10 g Ginger
- Peel the prawns and remove them from the intestine. If they get dirty, rinse them quickly and dry them from excess water.400 g Prawns
- In a bowl put the prawns , a pinch of salt, the garlic powder and 1 Tbsp of cornstarch and mix gently and set aside.400 g Prawns, 1 tsp Dry Garlic, to taste Salt, 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- When the vegetables are almost cooked, add the coconut milk, mix and finish cooking.400 ml Coconut Milk
- Blend the vegetables in a smooth and velvety cream. Add the coconut butter and season with saltan pepper, make another smoothie and keep it warm.30 g Coconut Butter, to taste Black Pepper
- In a non-stick pan, add a drop of oil and when hot, cook the prawns for about 1 ½ minutes per side.
- Serve the soup with the prawns in their oil in the center, some coriander leaves to taste and a lime wedge.to taste Coriander, 1 Limes
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a professional nutritionist.