Post is also available in: Italian
These Puff Pastry with Apples Banana and Yogurt are the evolution of an improvised puff of banana and apple with an excellent result in taste, but a little sad in appearance.I picked up the recipe again, and tried to improve it. The result was really better! The fruit on the surface instead of being under the cream, is cooked and caramelized making the dessert much tastier.
Instead of a single sheet, I created 4 single puff pastries portion, but if you feel generous you can cut them in half and share them! It always remains a simple and quick dessert to prepare with few ingredients, which we more or less always have at home. Not bad at all even for a delicious breakfast!
Apple Puff Pastry Preparation
Being a quick dessert, we are going to use an already packaged pastry to make this puff pastry with apples, but if you have time, you can prepare the fresh one, which will surely give an extra touch to your dessert. I wanted to create a frame, for not to slide the cream and also to make a small decoration, nothing complicated. After cutting the dough into 4, I cut a centimeter frame from each pastry. I twisted it on itself and applied it to the edges of the sheets pinching it here and there.
The apple banana combination is a classic but also banana and strawberry is a pairing to consider. It’s a sweet that leaves many variations to the imagination, while I write many of them come to mind including Peach and Amaretti. But now enough to speak, that I already have my mouth watering! Let’s see how to prepare the apple pastries.
Puff Pastry with Apples Banana and Yogurt
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 1 Apple
- 1 ½ Bananas
- 30 g Raisins
- 20 ml Rum
- ½ Lemon Juice
- 1 Egg
- 170 g Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Sugar Cane
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- to taste Butter
- Soak the raisins in the rum. Peel the bananas and cut them into slices. Peel the apple, remove the core and cut it in half and then into slices. Sprinkle some lemon juice on the fruit to prevent it from turning black.
- Roll out the pastry and cut it into 4, with its baking paper. From each sheet cut a frame of pasta one centimeter high. Now roll it on itself and put it on the pastry to create a border. Repeat for each puff pastry and put on a category.
- Turn on the oven at 200 °C.
- In a bowl mix the yogurt, sugar, egg and cocoa, until you get a smooth and well blended cream. Spread it on the 4 puff pastries. Start arranging the fruit by placing a slice of apple and two of banana, again the apple etc., until you have completed the puff pastry. Put a few curls of butter on the fruit and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked you can serve with ice cream or icing sugar.