Post is also available in: Italian
This recipe, I admit, was born from a disaster. Unfortunately the freshly bought persimmons were all crushed, and in order not to waste them we tried to make jam. The result was this Persimmon Marmalade with Lemon and Vanilla, we added some apple to give it some density, but it is not as firm as that of other fruits, especially since the persimmons were soft. The result was a sweet and aromatic jam that was not very thick.
Prepare the Persimmon Marmalade
The preparation of this jam is not long at all, it will take an hour and you will have a delicious jam. I advise you to remove the peel of the persimmons because it could make it tannic and lumpy. I have prepared this jam on other occasions and when I left the peel the result was not optimal so clean them before putting the Persimmon Marmalade to cook.
Persimmon Marmalade with Lemon and Vanilla
- 1 kg Persimmons
- 200 g Apples
- 300 g Caster Sugar
- 1 tbs Lemon Peel grated
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- Peel the fruit and dice the apples. In a saucepan, combine the persimmon pulp, the apple and cook over low heat.
- Weigh the sugar, grate the lemon peel and remove the seeds from the berry vanilla.
- When the apples are cooked, take a vegetable mill and pass the mixture.
- Add the sugar, grated lemon peel and vanilla seeds to the marmalade.
- Simmer until the jam has thickened.
- Store the jam in sterilized jars.
Did You Make This Recipe? Tag @RecipesJourney on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #recipesjourney