Post is also available in: Italian
The Pearled Barley Salad With Vegetables is a light and tasty dish ideal for the summer, also perfect for vegetarians. It is perfect to be prepared in advance, indeed in this way the pearl barley with vegetables will flavor more making this dish perfect to be consumed during a picnic. Among the various cereals, pearl barley is one of my favorites, because it is versatile. perfect for salads like this one in which it is pleasantly crunchy, or risotto, in soups or soups in which it will be softer, giving creaminess thanks to its starch.
How To Make Pearled Barley Salad With Vegetables
Barley is often prepared in soups, so we tend to imagine a medium – long cooking, instead it will take about 15 – 20 minutes. Stay around 15 minutes for cold salads and around 20 if you want to make a risotto, in this case it will take the name of Orzotto. In any case, to make sure of cooking, just read on the package. Vegetarian barley salad is an excellent alternative to pasta or rice salad. It can be enriched with various ingredients.
You can add cheese, such as feta, mozzarella or provolone or toma with chilli to give it a more pungent touch, seasonal vegetables and finally season it with a nice citronette. And of course if you want to add a protein you can add whatever you prefer whether you want it vegetarian or not.
A Cold Barley Salad With All-Vegetarian Vegetables
Today’s vegetarian pearl barley salad is a simple dish with lots of fresh ingredients, also suitable for vegans and vegetarians, since it does not contain any ingredients or animal derivatives. With the arrival of spring, many fresh vegetables are available such as the sweet peas, those still to be shelled, which are cooked by giving them just a sear in hot salted water. New courgettes, spring onions and aromatic herbs such as mint, so why not take advantage of them? The result was a genuine and tasty dish, quick and simple, here’s how to prepare vegetarian barley salad!
If you like Pearled Barley Salad With Vegetables or vegetable dishes, try the delicate Fennel Bavarian!
Pearled Barley Salad With Vegetables
- 250 g Pearl Barley
- 100 g Peas fresh
- 100 g Mixed Salad Valerian, Curly Endive, Red Radicchio
- 1 Green Onion
- 3 twigs Mint
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Courgette
- 20 g Sunflower Seeds
- 20 g Pumpkin Seeds
- 20 g White Sesame Seeds
- 2 Lime Juice
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil or normal table salt
- to taste Camargue Salt
- Put a saucepan with plenty of water on the fire. Once it has boiled, add salt and add the barley and cook respecting the cooking times of the package. Once cooked drain it and put it in a bowl to cool.250 g Pearl Barley
- Wash and clean the other vegetables. Drain the water well from the salad.100 g Peas
- Take the courgette and cut it into small cubes, slice the spring onion, tomatoes and chop the mint leaves.100 g Mixed Salad, 1 Green Onion, 3 twigs Mint, 1 Courgette, 3 Tomatoes
- Heat a pan with a spoonful of oil, once hot, sauté the courgettes making sure they do not flake. When cooked, turn off the heat, sprinkle with mint and let cool.1 Courgette, 4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 3 twigs Mint
- Once cold, or almost all the cooked ingredients, we assemble the salad.
- In the bowl with barley add the courgettes, peas, tomato and spring onion.The mixed salad and the seeds. Squeeze the lime and dissolve the salt, add the oil and emulsify with a small whisk or fork. Once the citronette is ready, season the salad.20 g Sunflower Seeds, 20 g Pumpkin Seeds, 20 g White Sesame Seeds, 2 Lime Juice, to taste Camargue Salt
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a professional nutritionist.