Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
The Pear Mousse that I propose today, I found it among the hundreds of Japanese recipes that I have saved over the years. It is a delicate flavor dessert delicately flavored with fresh ginger and lemon to enhance the taste of Nashi pears.
Preparation Of Pear Mousse With Ginger
The Pear Mousse, is a spoon dessert that is easy to prepare, it is delicate and light, perfect for a tasty but not too demanding end of a meal.
The recipe I had didn’t specify a specific type of pears, it just said they had to be firm and fragrant. At the supermarket I found the typical Asian Nashi pears and since they correspond perfectly to the characteristics required by the recipe, I used these but if you can’t find them, don’t worry. Nashi pears have an almost white skin, they are very delicate and their shape is more reminiscent of an apple than a pear.
To prepare this mousse, just prepare a pear compote with ginger and lemon, a well whipped cream, mix everything and let it cool and then set. To prepare it you can opt for isinglass or use agaragar, in this case the solidification will be faster, in the recipe you will find the doses for both isinglass and agar.
If you want you can make this Pear And Ginger Mousse completely vegan using agar and vegetable cream.
If you like mousses also try the delicate Lychee Mousse or
Pear Mousse With Ginger
- 420 g Pear Nashi or a firm and fragrant variety
- 200 ml Fresh Cream
- 3 Tbsp Sake
- 11 g Sugar Cane
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 5 g Lemon Peels
- 4 sheets Isinglass or 16 g agaragar
- 11 g Ginger
- Peel the pears and cut them into chunks.
- Put them in a saucepan with the lemon juice, its peel and the peeled and thinly sliced ginger. Let it simmer over low heat until the pears are tender.420 g Pear, 11 g Sugar Cane, 1 Lemon Juice, 5 g Lemon Peels, 11 g Ginger
- Meanwhile, soak the isinglassin cold water.4 sheets Isinglass
- Once the pears are cooked, drain them, pass them to the mixer with the cane sugar, until you get a puree.
- Melt the isinglassin with the sake in a saucepan over low heat, add the mixture to the pear puree. If you use agar, heat the sake, then melt the agar inside and mix everything into the still hot puree.4 sheets Isinglass, 3 Tbsp Sake
- Whip the cream firmly, incorporate the pears very gently so as not to dismantle the cream.200 ml Fresh Cream
- Divide the mousse into individual shot glasses. Leave it to thicken in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with a light sprinkle of ginger and thin slices of pears to taste.
Replace the cow’s cream with a vegetable one and use the agar to make a completely vegan mousse.
Le informazioni nutrizionali mostrate sono una stima fornita da un calcolatore nutrizionale online. Non deve essere considerato un sostituto del consiglio di un nutrizionista professionista.