Post is also available in: Italian
Pumpkin is truly a versatile vegetable, you can make sweets, savory dishes and even drinks with it. I admit that as a child I didn’t like it very much, then my mom made me Pasta with Pumpkin Bacon and Brandy and from there I started to appreciate it until I loved it so much.
It’s a dish linked to my childhood but it is a dish with a strong but delicate taste at the same time. The sauce is velvety and creamy thanks to the pumpkin and the addition of a drop of cream. It has a sweet taste given by the pumpkin, which goes perfectly with the smoking of the bacon. The flavor of the brandy binds everything enhancing all the flavors, finally the parmesan with its flavor is really the icing on the cake. It is one of those simple dishes but that leads you to clean the whole plate and ask for more!
Prepare the Pasta with Pumpkin Bacon and Brandy
To prepare the Pasta with Pumpkin Bacon and Brandy I used farfalle but it goes well with any type of pasta, even fresh. You can use whatever pumpkin you prefer. The most important thing for the preparation of this dish is to cook the pumpkin in water first. By boiling it, first of all it will make the process faster and secondly it will make the sauce creamy and velvety. Secondly, gently brown the onion in the butter and slowly brown the bacon which must be strictly smoked, otherwise the dish will suffer a lot.
When it’s time to drain the pasta, keep some of its water, in order to obtain a nice sauce that can perfectly wrap the pasta. I always prepare an extra portion of Preparare the Pasta with Pumpkin and Brandy Bacon because there is always someone asking for a second round.
If you love pumpkin try the Pumpkin Spice Latte or:
Pasta with Pumpkin Bacon and Brandy
- 400 g Farfalle Pasta
- 380 g Pumpkin boiled
- 150 g Italian Pancetta smoked into cubes or bacon
- 50 g Yellow Onions
- 65 g Brandy
- 20 g Butter
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cream
- to taste Salt
- to taste Black Pepper
- to taste Parmesan Cheese grated
- Peel the pumpkin and cook it in boiling water. Once cooked, cut it into small cubes.
- Finely chop the onion and brown it slowly in butter over low heat.
- Add the diced bacon to the onion and brown everything.
- Once browned, add the pumpkin cubes and add the pepper, mix and let it all flavor.
- Blend everything with the brandy. When the alcohol has evaporated, add the cream, stir, season with salt and turn off the heat.
- Put a saucepan with plenty of water on the stove to boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, add the salt to the water and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Once the pasta is cooked, set aside a cup of water and drain the rest.
- Turn on the fire under the pumpkin, and add a couple of tablespoons of water. Add the pasta and mix. If too dry, add a little more water. Stir until it's creamy at which point add the Parmesan.
- Serve with another sprinkling of Parmesan.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a professional nutritionist.