Post is also available in: Italian
Today I propose you a Parmesan Garlic Pasta with Lemon, a really simple and tasty dish. Corn noodles are new to us, they are gluten-free pasta. We tried them out of curiosity, and I must say that they are excellent. Light and tasty, they are well suited to different sauces. I admit, however, that they are very delicate so I recommend mixing them with sauce using the jumping technique or with the help of plastic pliers to avoid breaking them. Today’s corn dough recipe lends itself well to various variations.
You can perhaps add cherry tomatoes or rocket and obviously you can very well use a classic pasta. Parmesan Garlic Pasta with Lemon are a dish that I have always loved, they date back to elementary school, you will not believe it but the recipe was contained in my first barbie school diary. Once I tried it, I never abandoned it.
Parmesan Garlic Pasta with Lemon
For those with gluten intolerance or for those who have voluntarily decided to give it up, corn pasta is certainly a good alternative. Also called pasta for celiacs, it is prepared with corn flour alone, or by mixing together flours such as rice and / or quinoa. Since it does not have gluten, it is less elastic and therefore more delicate above all, long pasta shapes, so mix gently or toss the pasta in the pan. After experimenting with it in various ways, I find that simple sauces like this corn pasta recipe or in a warm or cold salad like the Corn Pasta with Vegetables, are the best way to enjoy this pasta.
Obviously they are also good with the most classic sauces, but in the case of pasta salads, for example, they absorb more the seasoning and flavor more. We have also experimented with different brands, I must say that regardless, you have to pay attention to cooking, which does not always meet the timing shown on the package. We add 1 or 2 minutes depending on the brand to have it al dente. But now let’s move on to the preparation of Parmesan Garlic Pasta with Lemon, the perfect recipe for the summer.
Parmesan Garlic Pasta with Lemon – Gluten Free
- 250 g Corn Spaghetti
- 100 g Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 pinch Dry Garlic
- 1 bunch Chives
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Put a saucepan with plenty of water on the stove.
- Finely chop the herbs (chives and parsley).
- Scrape the Parmesan and squeeze the lemon. In the bowl where you will put the pasta add all the ingredients and start mixing.
- When the water comes to a boil, take a ladle of water (no too much) and add it to the bowl and mix everything to obtain a cream.
- Salt the water and put the corn spaghetti to cook according to the timing of the package.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain well and then put them in the bowl, mix them with the Parmesan cream and serve with a sprinkling of ground pepper.