Post is also available in: Italian
Today I made you a soft cake, light and easy to prepare. The Orange Almond Flour Cake is a cake free of flour and yeast, made only from eggs, almond flour and oranges. After several searches for the Christmas cake, decided to try it. It’s a nice sweet, good and light, so I decided to propose it! The result was a tasty dessert, not too difficult to prepare. It’s a light orange and almond cake flour with a delicate flavor . Perfect for holidays but also at any time of the year, if you want you can create variations of this almond cake by simply changing the type of citrus.
How to Preparare Almond Flour Cake
It’s a orange almond flour cake, so if the dough will be turns out liquid, don’t worry. Being free of wheat flour, the liquids will not be absorbed as in a classic dough. It’s a yeast-free dessert so don’t worry too much about the at aspect. If you want a taller cake, use a narrower cake pan.
In the recipe I entered the temperature indicated in the recipe, but I advise you to keep an eye on the cake while cooking. Even if you put the oven at the right temperature, the performance of the oven changes from brand to brand, it’s important to know your oven in order to adjust the temperatures if necessary! In my case, for example, I had to lower the temperature a bit, since the cake was getting a little brown too quickly.
Once cooked, let it cool down a little before removing it from the pan. It’s a delicate dessert because is an almond flour cake and since there is no wheat flour, it will be less elastic and the humidity inside will make it very fragile. When you sprinkle the jam on the surface, grease the spatula with seed oil. This trick will facilitate you in the drafting and avoid dragging away the jam and any part of the surface of the cake. Here’s how to prepare ours Orange Almond Flour Cake.
Orange Almond Flour Cake for Christmas
- 350 g Almond Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 250 g Caster Sugar
- 2 Oranges juice
- 1 Orange Peel grated
- 1 pinch Salt
- 60 g Orange Marmalade
- 50 g Almonds
- 50 g Butter
- Divide the egg whites from the yolks. Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt, once firm, keep them in the fridge. Combine the sugar with the yolks and work them until you get a frothy cream.
- Add the almond flour a little at a time together with the orange juice and grated zest.
- Add the whisked egg whites a little at a time, stirring gently from the bottom to not disassemble the mixture.
- Heat the static oven to 200 °C.
- Grease the baking tray, put a disk of baking paper on the bottom and pour the mixture.
- Shake the pan to pick up any air bubbles. Bake and bake the cake for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool completely and then turn it out.
- In a saucepan, melt the orange jam and pour it onto the cake, spreading it with the help of a brush over the entire surface. Cover the edge with the chopped almonds and decorate as desired.
Did You Make This Recipe? Tag @RecipesJourney on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #recipesjourney