Post is also available in: Italian
Lately we have changed our diet a bit, nothing radical, no deprivation in truth, indeed we added foods and ingredients that we didn’t use or used very rarely before. This small change is giving me the opportunity to experiment with new dishes, preparing a lot of really good things. Today I have baked Muffins with Carrots, Blueberries and Cardamom for a nice breakfast!
The news, if we want to call them that, in this recipe are the flour. Usually we used 00 (pastry flour) and manitoba, but now I’m also approaching other types of flour like flour 1 (Whole grain flour), less processed than 00 and also whole wheat flour, obtaining interesting results.
Carrot Muffin Recipe: How to Prepare Them
These carrots muffins recipe, I thought of them as sweet for breakfast. Good and comfortable to be eaten “on the go”, as you often don’t have time to sit down and have breakfast calmly. Carrot cakes are among my favorite desserts like the Carrots Cake with Almonds. Usually they are prepared with almond flour but I wanted to enrich them to change a little, but not too much.
In addition to the dough I used fresh blueberries, as they are very popular here at home. I put aside vanilla and lemon zest to opt for more spicy flavors. I used ginger, which goes very well with blueberries and cardamom which, in addition to giving flavor, gives carrot muffins a really delicious aroma.
The portion of dough for this Muffins with Carrots is a little more abundant than usual, since I thought of them for a breakfast and not for a small dessert from mid-afternoon. Their appearance is also diffrerent, the surface is slightly crunchy, given the low quantity of butter. Inside they are soft and moist due to the abundant amount of fruit.
If you liked our Muffins with Carrots Blueberries and Cardamom, try also our Carrot and Pineapple Cake .
Muffins with Carrots, Blueberries and Cardamom
- 100 g Carrots grated
- 250 g Whole Grain Flour
- 130 g Whole Meal Flour
- 290 g Blueberries
- 150 g Milk
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 100 g Butter
- ¼ tsp Cardamom in powder (5 seeds)
- ½ tsp Ginger
- 16 g Cake Yeast or Baking Powder
- Wash blueberries and carrots. Dry them and finely grate the carrots.
- With the kitchen scissors, cut the cardamom pods and extract the seeds inside them and pest them with a mortar.
- Sift the flour and baking powder with a sieve with a not too fine texture. In a bowl combine the spices, flour, baking powder and set it aside.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the sugar and work until it has melted. After that add the milk and eggs. Always stir with a whisk. Now add the grated carrots and mix with a spoon.
- Add the flour to the wet mixture a little at a time until you have completely incorporated it. Add the blueberries and mix them gently to not break them.
- Start heating the oven to 180 °C.
- Fill the 12 paper cups with the dough, trying not to create empty spaces, put the cups in the muffin pan, it will help to keep the shape. Bake them for 35 minutes.
Did You Make This Recipe? Tag @RecipesJourney on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #recipesjourney