The Moist Coconut Cake With Chocolate Ganache is a really enjoyable dessert. A cake with a soft and moist dough with a thick layer of cream prepared with grated coconut, cream and coconut milk, covered with a dark chocolate ganache. A “decadent” style coconut and chocolate cake to satisfy the most demanding and gluttonous palates.
The Moist Coconut Cake
The coconut desserts here at home and also those with chocolate or cocoa are undoubtedly among our favorites. The combination of chocolate and coconut is truly a winner. This chocolate and coconut cake is one of the latest cakes I have prepared and I thought it was right to share it with
you because it is really delicious, one of the best coconut cake recipe. The dough is soft and moist, thanks also to the coconut cream flavored with a little cinnamon, lemon peel and rum. All covered abundantly with a chocolate ganache makes this Moist Coconut Cake a dessert to be enjoyed slowly and savored forkful after forkful.
Moist Coconut Cake Recipe
Soak the grated coconut in a bowl with the milk and coconut cream, sugar, cinnamon and the grated peel of a lemon, at least the night before preparing the cake. It’s a cream that doesn’t involve cooking so the next day it will be immediately ready to use.
Grease and flour the pan. To prepare the base, separate the yolk from the white and whisk it until stiff and keep it in the fridge. Work the yolk with the sugar until you get a foam. Add the butter and vanilla and mix everything well. Start heating the oven to 180°C.
Sift the flour with the baking powder and start adding it to the mixture a little at a time. Once the flour is finished, it’s time to add the whipped white until stiff, mixing it gently into the dough. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40 minutes. After cooking, let it cool completely, the first
15 minutes in the pan and then unmold it.
Cut the cake in half spread the coconut cream in the center and put the top back on. Cut the chocolate into small pieces, heat the cream over low heat and when it comes to a boil, turn it off and pour it over the chocolate and start mixing. once the chocolate has melted, pour it over the cake to cover it completely. Personally for convenience, I always prepare the ganache in a glass jug so that it’s easier to pour it over the cake. Now take your chocolate coconut cake and let the chocolate harden, after which it will be ready to serve!
If like me you love coconut cakes, try the Chocolate Donut Cake With Coconut Cheesecake Filling or go to the section dedicated to Chocolate Desserts where you will find many other delicious recipes!
Moist Coconut Cake With Chocolate Ganache
- 1 Cake Pan Ø 28cm with zipper
For The Cake
- 350 g Pastry Flour
- 4 Egg Whites
- 4 Yolks
- 170 g Caster Sugar
- 150 g Butter soft
- 16 g Cake Yeast
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 150 g Dehydrated Grated Coconut
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- 200 ml Coconut Cream
- 1 Lemon Peels grated
- 100 g Sugar Cane
- 1 tsb Cinnamon
- ½ glass Rum
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- 150 g Fresh Cream
Coconut Cream To Be Prepared A Day Ahead
- Soak the grated coconut with the milk and coconut cream, sugar, lemon peel, cinnamon and rum.150 g Dehydrated Grated Coconut, 200 ml Coconut Milk, 200 ml Coconut Cream, 1 Lemon Peels, 100 g Sugar Cane, 1 tsb Cinnamon, ½ glass Rum
For The Cake
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and whip the egg whites until stiff and set aside.4 Egg Whites
- Work the yolks with the sugar until you get a foam. Add the butter and the vanilla and mix everything together.4 Yolks, 170 g Caster Sugar, 150 g Butter, 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and add it little by little to the mixture.350 g Pastry Flour, 16 g Cake Yeast
- Add the whipped egg whites, mixing gently so as not to disassemble it.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked let it cool completely.
- Cut the cake in half and add the coconut filling on the base to form a homogeneous layer. Once well distributed put the top back on the cake.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces. Heat the cream over low heat. Once hot, pour it over the chocolate and stir so that the chocolate melts.200 g Dark Chocolate, 150 g Fresh Cream
- Once ready, pour it over the cake to cover it completely and let it harden before serving.
Le informazioni nutrizionali mostrate sono una stima fornita da un calcolatore nutrizionale online. Non deve essere considerato un sostituto del consiglio di un nutrizionista professionista.