Post is also available in: Italian
Delicious, tasty, spicy with a smoky taste, here is our amazing Marinade for Ribs. A bbq sauce with a smoke avor, and with the decided aroma of Texas Rub Smoky spices. Perfect for seasoning and accompanying succulent veal ribs that are pork but also other cuts of meat and even poultry. The BBQ sauce is the American sauce for meat par excellence. There are many varieties on the market and each family has its own recipe.
How to Make Smoke Flavoring BBQ Sauce
The bbq sauce is one of the most popular sauces in the world, with its smoky and spicy taste that can be both spicy and not. There are so many variations. It’s a condiment that turns out to be ideal with meat, with some fish dishes and with vegetables, for example fried onion rings. Preparing barbecue sauce at home is not at all complicated. To obtain the smoked flavor there are two solutions, one is to use liquid smoke aroma or add smoked bacon to cooking and eliminate it once the sauce is ready.
The variant that we present to you is a sauce with a strong taste, with a strong smoky flavor and a spiciness for our tastes that I would call medium. To give it, we used sriracha, a spicy sauce typical of Thailand that is now present all over the world. But as usual the presence and quantity of spicy is at your discretion.
What is Liquid Smoke
The so-called liquid smoke is a food aroma, which allows the food to be given the typical taste of cooked food in smoking. It was invented in 1895 by Ernest H. Wright. It’s produced by collecting the steam contained in the smoke produced by the combustion of the wood. You can use it to marinate the meat, to create sauces like the marinade for ribs that we propose today.
Or you can inject it into the meat, brush / spray on it. The result is truly amazing, it adapts to every type of meat, pork, chicken and of course beef. With liquid food smoke, you can get pork chops in barbecue sauce with a smoky flavor, even if you do not have a bbq that can smoke, cooking them in the home oven, or on the grill or bbq.
If you like American flavors and you are a BBQ lover try the BBQ Rub, to make your grilled meat, fish and vegetables even tastier!
Marinade for Ribs: Smoked BBQ
- 120 g Tomato Sauce
- 60 ml Soy Sauce
- 20 g Worcestershire
- 30 ml Stub Liquid Smoke
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Sriracha
- 3 tsp Sweet Honey Mustard
- 15 g Texas Rub Smoky
- 3 g English Mustard Powder
- 4 g Dry Garlic
- 2 tbs Dried Onion
For Marinating Method 1
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients. Stir and pass to season the ribs or the meat. Leave to marinate for 2 to 24 hours and cook in the bbq or in the oven.
For Marinating Method 2
- Take a pan and add all the ingredients. Put on medium heat to cook until boiling, after which lower the heat to the minimum and cook for 15 – 20 minutes until it is thick.
- Leave to cool and then season the ribs or meat you want to prepare. Marinade for 2 to 24 hours and cook in the oven or on the bbq. In this case you can also serve it as an accompaniment to meat.
- If you prepare the sauce, or leave it, keep it in a tightly sealed jar and put it in the refrigerator.
Did You Make This Recipe? Tag @RecipesJourney on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #recipesjourney