Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
The Kladdkaka recipe is a truly delicious Swedish cake. Just a few ingredients to make a cake that is truly a must-have for any lover of chocolate and cocoa. It is somewhere between brownie and lava cake. It is a soft chocolate tart, a true indulgence. This Swedish cake is covered on the outside with a thin, crispy crust, slightly caramelised by the generous amount of sugar, while the inside remains soft, moist, and creamy. It has an intense chocolate flavour with a hint of vanilla. It is simple but really enjoyable. Quick and easy to make, it is served on its own or with glazed raspberries, cream, icing sugar or cocoa cream.
Swedish Chocolate Cake
The special thing about the Kladdkaka recipe is that it does not contain any yeast. It is this characteristic that makes it a compact chocolate cake. The most likely reason for the absence of this important ingredient is that this chocolate cake was born in Sweden during the Second World War. Supplies were obviously scarce and yeast was not a priority.
How to Make Kladdkaka Recipe
Before starting, prepare the baking tin. Grease it and lay a sheet of baking paper on the bottom. Pre-heat the oven to 175 °C.
Melt the butter and leave to cool slightly. Sift the flour with the cocoa, add a pinch of salt and mix well. Beat the eggs with the sugar for 3 to 4 minutes, or until fluffy. Add the flour, a spoonful at a time. Continue beating until all the flour is incorporated. Now add the butter. Make sure the mixture is perfectly smooth. Pour into the tin and bake for 18/22 minutes. (Some people bake for 15 minutes, but remember that every oven is different). Take care not to overcook; the centre should remain moist and gooey, not dry.
After baking, leave it to cool for 15 minutes; it is very delicate when it is hot, so be careful when removing it from the mould to allow it to cool completely. To decorate, I used powdered sugar and raspberries. I glazed them with a drop of water and raspberry jam.
If you like this gooey chocolate cake, try these other Swedish desserts, and don’t forget to share the Kladdkaka Recipe to them with your friends!
Kladdkaka Recipe, Swedish Chocolate Cake
- 1 Cake Mould Ø 21 cm
- Baking Paper
- 100 g Butter
- 125 g Pastry Flour
- 25 g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 225 g Caster Sugar
For the Raspberry Garnish
- 200 g Raspberries fresh
- 4 tsp Raspberry Jam
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Fresh Cream whipped
For the Cream and Cocoa Garnish
- Fresh Cream whipped
- Powdered Sugar vanilla flavoured
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
For the Chocolate Garnish
- 30 g Dark Chocolate
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cream
- 2 tsp Caster Sugar
- ½ Tbsp Water hot
- Lightly grease the sides of the cake tin and cut out a disc of baking paper the same diameter as the base and line the tin.
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C.
- Melt 100 g Butter and let cool slightly.
- Sieve 125 g Pastry Flour, 25 g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder and 1 pinch of Salt, mix well and set aside.
- Whisk 2 Eggs with 225 g Caster Sugar for at least 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the flour to the eggs a little at a time, stirring until completely mixed.
- Add the melted butter, making sure it is completely incorporated, then pour into the previously prepared cake tin.
- Place the cake tin on the lowest rack of the oven and bake for 18–22 minutes, until the centre is slightly soft.
- Let it cool in its baking tray and then place it on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, it can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- — Serve with lightly whipped Fresh Cream and glazed raspberries. To glaze the raspberries, mix 4 tsp Raspberry Jam with 2 Tbsp Water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil gently, then glaze 200 g Raspberries by dipping them into the glaze one at a time. Garnish the cake.
- — Serve with whipped Fresh Cream lightly flavoured with vanilla essence or Powdered Sugar and sprinkled with sifted Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- Serve it with a warm chocolate sauce and whipped cream lightly enriched with a splash of Grand Marnier.Put 30 g Dark Chocolate, 2 Tbsp Fresh Cream, 2 tsp Caster Sugar and ½ Tbsp Water in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Stir until the chocolate has melted and everything is completely mixed, then pour over the cake or serve when the cake is cut.
- Fresh frozen raspberries with raspberry jam and cream
- Vanilla icing sugar
- Chocolate sauce
- Vanilla whipped cream and cocoa
Le informazioni nutrizionali mostrate sono una stima fornita da un calcolatore nutrizionale online. Non deve essere considerato un sostituto del consiglio di un nutrizionista professionista.