Post is also available in: Italian
Honey Lemon Syrup with Ginger is suitable for multiple uses, very effective against a sore throat, for digestion, or as a herbal tea! And especially this honey syrup is a great homemade cough remedy. After seeing him prepare on Instagram a lot of times I decided to prepare it and try it. It’s very simple to prepare. In addition to the uses already listed, you can use it to sweeten tea, or you can add 3/4 tablespoons to hot water for a honey lemon and ginger tea. It’s also excellent in milk, on creams, yogurt and desserts in general.
How to Store the Ginger Honey and Lemon Syrup
After preparing the honey and lemon syrup, keep it in the fridge. Initially you will see liquid forming on the surface, don’t worry, it’s the lemon juice that comes out of the slices. Being lighter it will rise to the surface. Shake or turn the preparation with a spoon so that it is mixed with honey. It will be ready the next day, but obviously the longer it stays in the infusion, more the flavor and scent will intensify.
If you want, as the syrup ends you can top it up with more honey, lemon, ginger and mint, or you can add cinnamon sticks or other spices like vanilla to vary a little. Once the syrup is finished, you can use lemon slices and ginger toflavor cakes and biscuits, as they macerate in honey and become candied. But now let’s see how to prepare the Honey Lemon Syrup!
Honey Lemon Syrup with Ginger
- 250 g Honey to taste, in this case Mille Fiori
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Ginger
- 1 Mint
- Wash and slice the lemon and ginger.
- Put the lemon slices in the empty jar: one on the bottom and other on the sides, also put a few slices of ginger and add honey, about halfway down the jar and try to make the honey go everywhere in order to avoid air bubbles .
- Add the rest of the lemon and ginger, the mint sprig and fill the whole with more honey to cover everything.
- Close tightly and keep in a cool place.