Post is also available in: Italian
Here is a really tasty recipe for Gluten Free Seed Crackers! I state that it is not flour from my bag, also because there is no trace of flour in these crackers! The recipe I took from Shoul I Cook O Should I Go by Penny The Cook, a blog that I have been following recently and that I am really enjoying! It is a food blog full of many delicious recipes and Penny, the author, is really creative! These crackers are the second ones I do the first ones had come a little too thin and with my oven they were a little too toasted.
This time, on the other hand, adjusting the times and temperatures a little bit! As soon as I saw them I decided to try them, I love pumpkin seeds and chia (let’s say the seeds in general)! In addition, I took the opportunity to prepare them especially for my partner, since he was at a time when he had to cut weight in view of an important race and needed a light but nutritious snack to quench hunger. And the various efforts have said well since a good first place has arrived! I have not used salt for the reasons mentioned above, but I honestly don’t think it is necessary.
I added a little aroma using fennel, lemon and ginger seeds, in the first version I used Lime instead of Lemon. Among the various dishes with which we tasted them, Beef Tartare was the best!
Obviously I invite you to go read his recipe and visit the rest of the blog, because as already mentioned there are many interesting recipes also suitable for those with food intolerances!
Make Gluten Free Seed Crackers
As written in the guidelines in the recipe for this Gluten Free Seed Crackers, the ration of Chia Seeds and / or Linseed Seeds must be 30% of the total, in this case 320 and 250 ml of water. The quantity of the other seeds was dictated above all by the contribution of flavor they would have given to the mix. For example, just 10 g of Fennel seeds are more than enough given their strong flavor. The Roasted Soybeans are very tasty, in the previous Crackers they were preponderant, I had put more and being already toasted, after the “cooking” their flavor was much more intense. So taste the seeds first to decide on the most appropriate quantities. Of course, there are other roasted seeds and the choice is yours, but now let’s see how to make Gluten Free Seed Crackers.
Gluten Free Seed Crackers
- 68 g Flax Seed
- 28 g Chia Seeds
- 30 g Black Sesame Seeds
- 65 g Pumpkin Seeds
- 65 g Sunflower Seeds
- 54 g Soya Beans
- 10 g Fennel Seeds
- 250 ml Water hot
- 1 Lemon Peel grated
- 1 Lemon Juice
- to taste Ginger grated
- Lightly blend the flax seeds.
- Pour all the seeds into a bowl and add the hot water, lemon juice, grated lemon peel and grated ginger.
- Leave them to hydrate for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, turn on the static oven at 170 °C and put a sheet of baking paper in a pan.
- Grease a spatula and pour the seeds into the pan and distribute them creating a regular rectangular surface that is not too thin. Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and cut the pastry into many large rectangles like a classic cracker.
- Put the pan back into the oven, lowering the oven to 150 ° C for 20 minutes and the last 10 to the same temperature but on the convection oven (depending on the oven).
- Once ready, take them out and put them to cool on an rack.