Post is also available in: Italian
Cheese pizza is definitely one of the classic pizzas I love most, so I wanted to create a variant inspired by cheese and garlic bread. The Garlic Cheese Pizza with ricotta and gorgonzola cheese is a delicious pizza rich in cheese with a delicate taste of garlic and chives.
Preparation Of The Garlic Cheese Pizza
The preparation of Garlic Cheese Pizza is simple, few ingredients for a good and fast pizza. For the dough I used the Pizza Dough with Dry Yeast, which will only need one hour of leavening, obviously if you have time you can let it rise even more. To stuff it, just crush the garlic without forgetting to remove the heart, so that it has a more delicate flavor. Add the cheeses and other ingredients to create a cream that you will spread over the pizza, bake them for 15 minutes and you can enjoy your Garlic Cheese Pizza!
It’s not the classic stringy pizza, but it’s really tasty. When I made it I wanted to create a nice plump crust so that it would enclose the cheeses. I also prepared a third one on which I added speck halfway through cooking, really excellent also because gorgo and speck go well together. In the recipe I marked two temperatures, 220 °C and 250 °C, because not all ovens have the same performance and programs. If you bake the pizza at 220 °C, bake it for a maximum of 20 minutes, instead if you bake it at 250 °C, don’t go beyond 15. But who knows your oven better than you, then adjust according to its performance.
Last thing, if the pizza will brown more than usual on the surface, as you can see in the photo, don’t worry, it’s because of the ricotta, so cook as long as you need.
Garlic Cheese Pizza
- Pizza Dough
- 150 Cow Ricotta Cheese
- 180 Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Chives dry
- 1 cloves Garlic
- 1 – 2 Tbsp Milk or cream
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Prepare the Pizza Dough according to the instructions.
- Mash the garlic almost pureed or use a garlic press. Put it in a bowl and add the ricotta, gorgonzola, milk, oil and chives and mix everything well.150 Cow Ricotta Cheese, 180 Gorgonzola Cheese, 1 Tbsp Chives, 1 cloves Garlic, 1 – 2 Tbsp Milk, 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to at least 220 °C or better 250 °C.
- Once the dough has risen, roll it out into two pizzas and spread the cream cheese on both.Pizza Dough
- Once the oven is hot, cook the pizzas for 15 minutes at 220 °C .
- Once ready, serve them still hot.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a professional nutritionist.