Post is also available in: Italian
Today we land in America with Fried Chicken Wings with Parmesan Cheese and Garlic! It’s known that in American cuisine there are an infinite number of recipes dedicated to Chicken Wings, fried, breaded, smoked, spicy, BBQ etc. Today’s are fried chicken wings and then seasoned with garlic butter and Parmesan. They have a very delicate taste, the secret is to dose the ingredients well so as not to weigh them down in taste. Often in America they are served accompanied by fresh vegetables such as carrots or celery or with the classic fried potatoes, and with a Blue Cheese cheese sauce or a cheese similar to our gorgonzola.
Baked or Fried Chicken Wings?
Fried chicken wings are undoubtedly one of my favorite ways of eating wings. There are a myriad of different recipes and all very good, another recipe that I love (even more than this one) comes from oriental cuisine, to be precise the Vietnamese Chicken Wings, they are truly phenomenal and above all special.
The only real problem with fried chicken wings is that they are fried and consequently are not the lightest dish you can eat, in fact I put these as a snack mainly because they are seasoned with butter. In some recipes, like this one, in my opinion you can opt for a healthier solution, that is cooking in the oven. It goes without saying that the final flavor will be different but if you need to keep an eye on the kcal it is the easiest solution. The best compromise, however, remains the air fryer, so if you have one I recommend you prepare them with that.
But now let’s see how to prepare Fried Chicken Wings with Parmesan Cheese and Garlic!
Fried Chicken Wings with Parmesan Cheese and Garlic
- 6 Chicken Wings whole
- 30 g Garlic
- 50 g Parmesan Cheese
- 30 g Butter
- 150 g Potato Starch
- to taste Salt
- to taste Black Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- Wash the wings, drain and dry them completely. Now cut with a knife half flaps to get 12 pieces.
- In a bowl put the starch, salt and pepper, mix well and put the wings inside. Alternatively, you can do the same operation using a food bag letting some air in and shaking the wings inside it.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Once hot, not boiling, cook 6 wings (also based on the size of the pot) cook them from 5 and a half minutes to 7 per side, depending on the size.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, slowly melt the butter. One time hot, put the minced garlic in it and brown it.
- Pour the butter into a bowl and put the wings in it. Mix well and then add the Parmesan. Stir again until they are completely covered and serve them hot.
Did You Make This Recipe? Tag @RecipesJourney on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #recipesjourney</p