Focaccine are one of the most popular bakery products in Italy, I literally go crazy for the white ones, crunchy with delicious olive oil. Today I prepared them in a gourmet version and here are the Focaccine with Radicchio Brie and Balsamic Vinegar!
Focaccine With Radicchio Brie
The Focaccine with Radicchio and brie are perfect to be presented either at a buffet or as an aperitif or simply because you want something good. To the radicchio filling I wanted to add some caramelized onions with honey in order to mitigate the bitterness but at the same time create a nice balanced contrast. Brie cheese is creamy and sweet and goes very well with vegetables and the sweetness of honey.
At the end of cooking I added some good balsamic vinegar to make them even more delicious but this is to taste as well as the quantity.
The preparation of Focaccine with Radicchio is not difficult, first of all dedicated to the dough. The recipe I prepared with the use of the mixer, in case you don’t have it, you can knead by hand taking care to do it for at least 15 minutes before adding the oil and another 10 to incorporate the oil and make the dough elastic. Before letting the dough rise, take care to make the folds in order to favor the development of gluten during rising.
Cover the dough well and let it rise in the oven, if the environment is cold, turn on the oven light and let it rise for 3 hours. During this time you can carry on preparing the filling.
I used Treviso red radicchio because it has both leaves and sides but you can experiment with what you prefer. The honey I used is a clementine honey but use whatever you want or have at home, I had it in the pantry and I chose that because it’s tasty and not overly sweet.
If you liked this recipe, try also the Focaccia Genovese Recipe with Ham and Mozzarella.
Focaccine With Radicchio Brie And Balsamic Vinegar
- 200 g Bread Flour
- 300 g Pastry Flour
- 150 g Milk
- 150 g Water
- 7 g Instant Yeast
- 40 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 15 g Salt
- 25 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 25 g Water
- 280 g Radicchio di Treviso
- 300 g Brie Cheese
- 170 g Yellow Onions
- 4 tsp Honey
- ¼ tsp Thyme
- 25 g Butter
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- q.s. Balsamic Vinegar
- In the bowl of the mixer, pour the two flours and the yeast.200 g Bread Flour, 300 g Pastry Flour, 7 g Instant Yeast
- Dissolve the salt in the water and then add it all to the milk.150 g Milk, 15 g Salt, 150 g Water
- Operate the mixer with the hook mounted and pour in the milk and water. Continue to knead until you have run out of liquid and the dough is well twisted on the hook.
- Detach the dough from the hook, activate the planetary mixer again and pour in the oil and knead until it is completely incorporated.40 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Grease the work surface and pour the dough over it. Flatten the dough with your hands. Take the top edge of the dough and pull it to the center, repeat the same thing with the bottom edge. Flip the dough with the folds down and let it rest for 20 minutes covered with a bowl.
- Trascorsi 20 minuti ripeti il punto 5.
- After 20 minutes again form a ball with the dough and put it to rise in an oiled bowl for 3 hours in the oven off, if it's cold just turn on the oven light.
- Slice the radicchio and thinly the onion.
- Melt the butter and add the oil to a pan. Once hot, add the thyme.¼ tsp Thyme, 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 25 g Butter
- Add the onions and brown them over medium heat.170 g Yellow Onions
- When they are translucent, add honey. Mix making it melt and lightly caramelize.4 tsp Honey
- Add the radicchio, mix and cover with a lid, cook until the radicchio is wilted and soft. Add a pinch of salt mix and let cool.1 pinch Salt, 280 g Radicchio
Form the Focaccine and II Leavening
- Take the dough from the bowl and roll it out on a lightly floured work surface and roll it out with a rolling pin until it reaches a thickness of 1 ½ cm. Use a cookie cutter of about 10 centimeters and place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper well spaced.
- Re-knead until you have all the focaccine.
- Let it rise for 40 minutes in the oven off.
Filling and Baking
- Heat the oven to 200 °C.
- With your fingertips, make 4 conchette on each muffin. Mix the water and oil and brush each muffin.25 g Water, 25 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cut the brie into cubes and place a few cubes on each muffin and then 1 generous tbsp on each muffin and then other cubes of brie.300 g Brie Cheese
- Once the oven is hot, bake the scones and cook them for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot sprinkled with balsamic vinegar to taste.q.s. Balsamic Vinegar
Le informazioni nutrizionali mostrate sono una stima fornita da un calcolatore nutrizionale online. Non deve essere considerato un sostituto del consiglio di un nutrizionista professionista.