Post is also available in: Italian
Today I propose you how do the dough for Dumpling Wrappers Recipe that adapts to most types of oriental dumpling. You can use it to prepare Chinese Dumplings like the Goutie, Jaozi, Japanese Gyoza or Korean Mandu. It’s perfect to be steamed, braised (in a pan, potstickers) or boiled. I’ts an elastic dough, the addition of starch makes it more resistant, therefore perfect for those who try for the first time with the preparation of oriental ravioli. It’s simple to make, and will allow you to create many delicious variations of ravioli such as Chinese Braised Ravioli with Shrimp and Pork. That’s how to make chinese dumpling wrappers!
The shapes of oriental ravioli are very different from the Italian ones. In fact exist many forms, beyond those we now know. They are all created by hand, half-moon shaped, in the shape of an open or closed bundle. Others, thanks to the use of a part of green colored pasta, once closed remind us of the white bok choy cabbage at the base and green on the leaves. The difficulty of closing depends on shape to shape, and I assure you that they are not really simple to make, but with this Dumpling Wrappers Recipe and the practice you will see that it will become increasingly simple.
Dumpling mixture are many. Chicken, pork, beef or sheep meat is used. Very famous are the prawns or the mixed pork and prawns. Dumpling Wrappers Recipe is perfect for preparing also Mandu, stuffed dumpling with vegetables and tofu, others only with vegetables. Combinations are endless, in addition to the classic ones, with a little inventiveness you can create your own filling, maybe even sweet!
Dumpling Wrappers Recipe
- 230 g Pastry Flour
- 15 g Cornstarch
- 4 g Salt
- 120 ml Water hot
- Mix the flour, cornstarch and salt. Create a ring with the flour and add the water little by little mixing with a spatula.
- When you have incorporated all the water, start kneading it with your hands. When the flour is completely incorporated, knead on the pastry board for at least 3 – 4 minutes.
- When it is smooth and soft, let it rest for 30 minutes covered with plastic wrap.
Wrap Method 1
- Cut the dough in two and create two salami about 15-17 cm long.
- Take the first cylinder and cut it in half, place it side by side and cut it so as to obtain 5 pieces in total, also repeat for the other cylinder obtaining a total of 20 pieces.
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour or starch. Take each piece and roll it out with a rolling pin to obtain discs with a diameter of 8.5 – 9 cm, 1 – 2 mm thick.
Wrap Method 2
- Divide the dough in two, spread a little flour or starch and roll out the dough with a 1-2 mm thick rolling pin. Create discs with a pasta bowl with a diameter of 8 – 8.5 cm and create the discs of pasta.
- Knead the scraps and repeat the operation with the other half of the dough. With this method you will get multiple disks.
Did You Make This Recipe? Tag @RecipesJourney on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #recipesjourney