Post is also available in: Italian
Here is another dessert for breakfast. This time I made a nice Coconut Cake Recipe with Ananas and Almonds! I have to admit that I’m just having fun experimenting with these “new” (for me) flours, especially in the preparation of breakfast desserts. Honestly I am more for a savory breakfast but these sweets are pleasing me so much and not just me!
The Coconut Pineapple Cake
This light breakfast cake recipe has an exotic aroma given by the mix of coconut, pineapple and lime. Its lightness is due from the shredded unsweetened coconut and wholemeal flour, but also by the fact that it’s free of eggs and butter. This makes them suitable for vegetarians and vegans. It’s rich in fruit and almonds bring the energy you need in the morning. As in many of my desserts, for some time I have not used sugar but stevia. In case you prefer sugar, I recommend that of cane that adapts perfectly to the fruits used.
How to Cook the Coconut Cake Recipe with Ananas and Almonds
The dough of Coconut Donut, is particularly moist because inside there is pineapple and its juice. As already mentioned this sweet for breakfast has no eggs and cow’s butter, that was it replaced with a small portion of coconut butter. So, we should cook it at a slightly higher temperature, to evaporate some moisture, the rest will be made from coconut flour and oats. With the amount of dough I managed to make even 6 pretty donuts, but consider that the mold for the donut I used is not very big. So you can also use a mold for 14 – 16 people. However in case you make some donuts cook them for 20 minutes and not for 35 minutes.
Here are other tasty carrot ideas
Coconut Cake Recipe with Pineapple and Almonds
- 220 g Pineapple Juice fresh or natural
- 180 g Hig Gluten Flour
- 85 g Dehydrated Grated Coconut
- 2 Lime Juice grated
- 565 g Pineapple 1 natural jar
- 50 g Oatmeal
- 30 g Coconut Butter
- 20 g Stevia
- 100 g Almonds
- 16 g Cake Yeast or baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- Blend the pineapple, roughly chop the almonds and grate the lime peel.
- Mix the whole wheat flour, the coconut flour, the baking powder, the baking soda and the lime peels.
- Dissolve the stevia and the pinch of salt in the pineapple juice and add the pureed pineapple and the coconut butter.
- Add the liquid preparation a little at a time to the dry one, mixing well. Once the mixture is homogeneous add the oats and chopped almonds.
- Heat the oven to 190 °C.
- Once cooked, take out the donut and let it cool before serving.