Post is also available in: Italian
Today we have prepared the Chinese Dumplings Recipe for the accuracy the goutier. Are a typical dish of Chinese cuisine, one of the most popular and loved in the world. In Chinese cuisine there are many variations between shapes and fillings. The Jiaozi are the name of the typical Chinese Dumpling we all know, not to be confused with the Dim Sum Dumplings typical of the Canton. Chinese dumplings are mainly divided according to cooking. Boiled (shuijiao), Pan-Fried or braised (guotie or jianjiao) and steamed (zhengjiao). There are also those enclosed by egg and not by pasta (danjiao).
How to Make Fried Dumplings
These chinese dumpling or potstickers are not exactly the first I prepare, there have been some experiments, always good but I have to admit that closing them is not easy at all. The most common forms that we find in all Chinese restaurants require manual skills. I chose to close them in the shape of a three-pointed “star” that are among the simplest to make, but certainly later I will propose you other forms just the time to practice.
To prepare the pasta I used the Oriental Dumplings Wrappers recipe, which can also be used for other types of Asian ravioli. The filling is prepared with a mixture of pork and prawns. You can also add some cabbage, but first you will have to cut it into thin strips, sprinkle it with salt so that it loses the liquids. When they have lost liquid, squeeze, chop and add them to the dough.
Chinese Dumplings Recipe How to Cook
To cook the chinese dumplings recipe, I recommend a non-stick pan to keep them from sticking to the bottom. Cook no more than 8/10 at a time. You can use seed oil to grease the pan or sesame seed oil to add flavor and aroma. The hot water mixed with the flour will serve to obtain a crispy crust on the bottom but if you wish you can omit it. We accompanied them with a sauce made from soy sauce and our Spicy Asian Pepper Sauce.
How to Store Chinise Dumpling
In case you want to do more to have them ready to prepare at any time, once they are closed, place them in a tray lightly sprinkled with flour or corn starch so that they do not touch each other and place them in the freezer. Once frozen you can put them in a food bag and store them in the freezer. But now let’s see how to prepare Chinese Dumplings Recipe.
Chinese Dumplings Recipe: Goutie Potstickers
- 40 – 45 Dumpling Wrappers
- 250 g Pork Mince Meat
- 250 g Prawns shelled
- 7 g Ginger grated
- 2 cloves Garlic grated
- 60 ml Chicken Broth or granulated Chicken Broth
- 10 g Cornstarch
- 10 ml Tamari Soy Sauce
- 15 ml Sake
- 5 g Salt
- 5 g Caster Sugar
- ½ tsp Sunflower Oil
- 1 pinch White Pepper
- 4 Green Onions
- 160 ml Water hot
- 1 tsp Pastry Flour
- 15 ml Soy Sauce
- 15 ml Rice Vinegar
- 7 g Spicy Sauce
- Take the prawns and make sure they are clean by removing the dark fillet, i.e. the intestine. Once cleaned, cut them into pieces and then chop them.
- Combine the minced pork, the chopped prawns and the broth, start to work them by turning the dough with chopsticks taking care to always do it in the same direction. This will allow to obtain a homogeneous and lump-free dough.
- Once the broth is absorbed, add the garlic and grated ginger, sake, cornstarch, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, sugar, pepper and chopped spring onion. Continue to mix everything in the same direction until the mixture is completely mixed. In case you have not already prepared the pasta for the ravioli, keep the filling in the fridge.
Fill and Close the Dumplings
- Take a not too abundant teaspoon of filling and place it in the center of a disc of pasta. Bring a small bowl with water, and wet the edge of the pasta disc.
- Hold the disc of pasta with the filling resting on the tip of the four fingers, with the thumb and forefinger of the other hand pinch the flaps of pasta, close them to just under half;
- Place your thumb in the center of the flap of pasta still open and from below push towards the center. In this way you will automatically create the other two tips that you will seal.
- With your fingertips, seal by pinching the center of the bundle slightly. Place them on a floured surface. Continue the operation until you complete the filling.
- Mix the flour with the hot water and keep it in hand. Pour a tablespoon of oil into a non-stick pan and place 6 to 8 ravioli close together and light the fire by adjusting the medium-high flame.
- When the ravioli start to brown, pour the hot water and cover with the lid and cook for 5 or 6 minutes. If you have a pan with a glass lid I recommend it, because you can control the cooking by avoiding discovering and letting out the steam.
- In a small bowl, prepare the sauce and serve the hot ravioli!