Articolo disponibile anche in: Italian
The Chickpea Stew Recipe with Pork and Black Cabbage is a dish inspired by the delicious stews found in typical Tuscan cuisine. Crispy chickpeas, kale and creamy turnip greens and succulent pork. A delicious dish perfect for the cold season.
Chickpea Stew Recipe
Chickpeas and black cabbage are widely used ingredients in Tuscan cuisine and for this recipe I was inspired by some dishes I tasted to create a nice hearty dish.
The flavors have blended perfectly, but they can be distinguished perfectly. You can feel the spices and the note of chilli that accentuates all the flavors especially that of the cabbage and its spiciness is really mild. The chickpeas remained firm and really tasty as they absorbed the broth during cooking. Black cabbage with florets add a creamy touch to every bite.
The sausage is very soft, it melts in the mouth and is not greasy at all. Not everyone likes the skin but cooking it in this way has practically merged with the meat and does not feel at all. The bones of the ribs come off perfectly, their fat is practically melted and the meat, that is to say, melts in the mouth nice juicy and tasty.
Excellent on its own or with a couple of slices of beautiful Tuscan bread toasted with a good oil and a full-bodied glass of wine. Chickpea Stew Recipe with Pork and Black Cabbage is a genuine and substantial dish, perfect for warming up in winter!
If you liked this recipe you will find the Japanese Beef Curry irresistible.
Chickpea Stew Recipe With Pork And Black Cabbage
- 500 g Chickpeas
- 700 g Sausage
- 1 kg Ribs baby about 12
- 350 g Black Cabbage
- 300 g Turnip Greens
- 280 g Yellow Onions
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 2 pinch Thyme
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 1 pinch Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 60 ml White Wine
- 2 l Vegetable Broth
- q.s. Black Pepper
- q.s. Salt
- Soak the chickpeas preferably a day in advance.
- In a large pot, cook the chickpeas in plenty of water. Once cooked, drain and set aside. They should still be firm but cooked.500 g Chickpeas
- Chop the sausages into large pieces, thinly slice the onion and garlic.700 g Sausage, 280 g Yellow Onions, 6 cloves Garlic
- Wash and coarsely chop the black cabbage and turnip greens.350 g Black Cabbage, 300 g Turnip Greens
- In a pan (I used a cast iron pan) brown the ribs on each side. Repeat with the sausages.1 kg Ribs, 700 g Sausage
- In the same pan add a tablespoon of oil and fry the onion with the thyme, rosemary and a pinch of chilli powder.280 g Yellow Onions, 2 pinch Thyme, 2 sprigs Rosemary, 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 pinch Chilli Powder
- When the onion begins to brown, blend with the white wine.60 ml White Wine
- In a large pot, combine the chickpeas, meat, onion, vegetables and broth, cook for at least 1 hour over medium-low heat, or until the sauce thickens from the stew.2 l Vegetable Broth
- Once ready, season with salt and pepper and serve hot with slices of homemade bread.q.s. Black Pepper, q.s. Salt
Le informazioni nutrizionali mostrate sono una stima fornita da un calcolatore nutrizionale online. Non deve essere considerato un sostituto del consiglio di un nutrizionista professionista.