Article also available in: Italian
Fragrant shortcrust pastry, soft and velvety ricotta cream and sweet-sour cherries in syrup. The Cherries Tart with Ricotta Cheese is a delicious and irresistible sweet ideal for a dessert after a meal. From the simple execution it will conquer all your diners!
The Cherries Tart
This ricotta and black cherry tart, is a variant of the ricotta and sour cherry tart typical of Roman-Jewish cuisine. To be precise, it was born in the Portico d’Ottavia district, an area that is part of the Jewish ghetto born in ancient Rome, in fact it’s also known as “Crostata del Ghetto”.
Sour cherries are bitter cherries called “Visciole” are available from July until late winter. Despite this long period, they are not found everywhere and, in the refrigerator, they have a short duration. The version with sour cherries “Amarene” or black cherries in syrup is a way to enjoy this dessert at
any time of the year.
There are various versions of the ricotta and Cherries Tart with Ricotta Cheese, with crumble, cooked, in the cheesecake version, also covered on top with the pastry, etc. I wanted to make a easy cherry tart recipe, with the edge high and uncovered, to then cover it with the black cherry syrup which was reduced when serving.
How To Make Cherry Tarts Recipe
The preparation of this cherry tarts recipe is really simple, after preparing the pastry and putting it in the fridge, just prepare the ricotta cream by adding all the ingredients apart from the canned black cherries, drain the cherries and set them aside. Take the syrup and put it in a saucepan to reduce it slightly just before serving. Take the shortcrust pastry from the fridge and roll it out onto the previously buttered and floured pan, cook the shortcrust pastry for 15-20 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool slightly, then put some cream and some cherries and repeat until you finish the cream and cherries. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
If you love cherry desserts recipes try it too the Cherry Sponge Cake Czech Bublanina or the Danish Rice Pudding Risalamande.
Cherries Tart With Ricotta Cheese
- 350 g Pastry Flour
- 100 g Caster Sugar
- 90 g Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Yolk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Lemon Peel grated
- 400 g Cherries in Syrup
- 1 Lemon Peels
- 550 g Cow Ricotta Cheese
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Yolk
- If you knead by hand, create a fountain with the flour on the work surface, put the cold butter into cubes in the center and start working it with the flour until you get a lumpy mass. If you use the mixer, you can combine all the ingredients in the bowl.350 g Pastry Flour, 90 g Butter
- Recreate the fountain and put the eggs, sugar, pinch of salt and lemon peel in the center. With a fork, work the eggs with the sugar so that it doesn't leak everywhere when you start kneading.100 g Caster Sugar, 1 Egg, 1 Yolk, 1 pinch salt, 1 Lemon Peel
- Knead until you get a homogeneous dough, create a ball and wrap it in transparent film and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, roll out the pastry and line the pan, and put some baking paper in the center and put the pellets for blind cooking, if you don't have them, you can use beans or chickpeas, and put it in the fridge.
- Heat the oven to 200°C, once at temperature, cook the pastry for 15 minutes. Once you take it out to the oven, remove the baking paper with the weights and let it cool without removing the pastry from the pan.
- Work the ricotta with a whisk to make it creamy.
- Work the eggs with the sugar and lemon peel, add a little ricotta at a time and work until you get a nice smooth cream.1 Lemon Peels, 550 g Cow Ricotta Cheese, 50 g Caster Sugar, 1 Egg, 1 Yolk
- Separate the cherries from the syrup and set aside.400 g Cherries in Syrup
- Pour half of the mixture into the pan with the pastry, now place half of the cherries in random order, cover everything with the rest of the filling and put the last cherries.
- Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes.
- Pour the syrup into a saucepan and let it reduce until you get a liquid caramel and use it to garnish the slices when serving.
Le informazioni nutrizionali mostrate sono una stima fornita da un calcolatore nutrizionale online. Non deve essere considerato un sostituto del consiglio di un nutrizionista professionista.