Post is also available in: Italian
Today I made you a fresh and delicious Cheesecake Lemon Curd! This dessert was born from a recent discovery, or the Lemon Curd. For those unfamiliar with it, it’s a kind of lemon sauce / jam. It’s prepared with the use of lemon juice and peels, eggs, butter and sugar. It has a translucent yellow appearance, with a sweet but also sour taste, given by the lemon juice.
A world has opened up to me since I tasted it! Lemon desserts have always been my favorites, perhaps more than chocolate desserts. The heady and fresh taste of lemon never tires me. So I decided to make these little Lemon Curd Cheesecakes. In this case I bought the Lemon Curd, but I want to try to prepare it at home sooner or later.
Cheesecake Lemon Curd Preparation
They came, 6 small cheesecake with lemon curd intense citrus scent. With a cream cheese with a delicate taste and a non-creamy consistency. Light and delicious, they are perfect for being a mid afternoon whim or as a fresh and light dessert for after dinner. The biscuit shell was a little dicult to make, if you prepare them in the middle of summer as I have done, and also for the molds with an irregular edge.
But with a little patience, I managed to get a not too thick base, perfect for these little treats. In case you have diculties too, I advise you to put the biscuit mixture and the molds in the fridge. In this way you will be able to make the biscuit grain rmer, and manageable to create the bases of the cakes. But now let’s go to see how to make our lemon curd cheesecake!
Cheesecake Lemon Curd
- Tart Molds
- 280 g Digestive Biscuits
- 180 g Butter
- 130 g Cream Cheese
- 210 g Greek Yogurt low-fat
- 180 g Lemon Curd Cream
- 8 g Isinglass
- to taste Natural Yellow Coloring
- Crumble the biscuits and melt the butter without darkening it. Once melted, add it to the biscuits and mix well. Lining the cheesecake molds with the biscuit mixture both on the base and on the edges.Keep them in the fridge.
- Soak the gelatine in it and melt it by heating it with a little yogurt and a teaspoon of milk or alone in the microwave for a few seconds. In a terrina starts to work the cheese, add the low-fat yogurt and the lemon curd and finally the gelatine.
- Divide the mixture in two, in one add the yellow dye. Take the clear mixture and distribute it in the 6 molds. Now take the yellow one and finish filling them by pouring it in the center. You can leave it concentric or create designs using a toothpick.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for 3 hours. Before consuming them, put them out of the fridge for 10 minutes.