Post is also available in: Italian
Today we dive into a bowl of delicious Cheese Gnocchi Recipe and Black Truffle! For me, gnocchi are a real comfort food. They are small soft morsels that melt in the mouth and can be seasoned in various ways. This time, I seasoned them with a cheese fondue. To be precise I used the Castelrosso cheese, is a long-ripening cheese, a slightly spicy, an hard italian cheese. The Trifulau of the Langhe, a typical truffles cheese. Obviously it doesn’t end here! To increase the truffle even more, I used a summer truffle butter instead of the classic butter, and then raw black truffle flakes.
These cheese gnocchi recipe was our first Christmas, and we liked it so much that we decided to propose it to you. If you love cheese you can’t not love it. It’s really a delicious dish. And above all it is a simple dish to prepare but that will amaze your friends!
Tips on How to Cook Gnocchi Cheese Recipe
Here are some tips to get the perfect Gnocchi Cheese Recipe or with other condiment
- In the water where you are going to cook the gnocchi, add oil, which will serve to prevent the gnocchi from sticking to each other;
- For the fondue, I would recommend the use of an anti-adherent pan, so as to avoid the cheese sticking or creating a crust on the bottom;
- Cheeses like Toma del Trifulau, add them last. Being soft and creamy, they will melt more easily;
- Remember that dumplings are cooked when they come to the surface. In any case, take one and taste it, if it’s not cooked yet leave them in for a maximum of one minute and then drain them;
- Keep the fondue on a minimal heat source, so that it does not cool and creates any lumps;
- As an alternative to Castelrosso you can use Castelmagno or if it’s really impossible to find opt for Parmesan.
- As for the Toma with truffle you can always use a classic fresh toma and add some black truffle flakes while melting the cheeses.
Gnocchi with Cheese and Black Truffle
- 700 g Potato Gnocchi
- 150 g Castelrosso Cheese
- 160 g Toma del Trifolau Cheese
- 100 ml Fresh Cream
- 10 g Truffle Butter
- to taste Black Truffle
- Put a pot with plenty of water and a couple of spoons of oil on the fire.
- Take the cheeses and cut them into pieces, in order to facilitate the melting.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, with half of the truffle butter and cream.
- When the cream is hot, add the Castelrosso and start to melt it, I sell it carefully. Once softened add the Toma del Trifolau. Stir until they are dissolved.
- Keep the hot fondue on a very low heat.
- Throw the dumplings into the water and cook them. When they come to the surface they will be cooked.
- Season the hot dumplings with the fondue, add the rest of the butter, stirring gently. Serve adding some black truffle flakes.
Did You Make This Recipe? Tag @RecipesJourney on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #recipesjourney