Post is also available in: Italian
Sometimes it takes something simple and fast, without the need to sauté. Obviously without sacrificing taste. So I thought of offering you this Buffalo Mozzarella Salad with Dry Cured Ham, a tasty variant of the Caprese. Caprese is one of the most famous Italian salads in the world, made up of few ingredients and the secret of its goodness lies in their freshness and quality.
The buffalo mozzarella is one of the types of mozzarella I prefer, only the smoked one is better than it, which however by the Campanians is called Smoked Provola. To prepare this tasty salad I used the classic medium-sized buffalo, and the parma ham which is a little sweeter than the san daniele. Cherry tomatoes, salad, some aromatic herbs and seasoned only with a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil and black salt, but classic salt will also be fine.
How to Prepare Buffalo Mozzarella Salad
Buffalo Mozzarella Salad with Dry Cured Ham may seem like a trivial dish, but it all lies in the choice of ingredients, the difference is made by a good fresh mozzarella, raw ham and a delicate dressing so as not to cover the flavors. Another secret to best savoring this dish is putting the mozzarella out of the fridge 15-20 minutes beforehand. In this way they will have time to cool down and we will be able to savor them to the fullest. We have also prepared a variant, adding some finely chopped fresh chilli to give it an edge! The result is very good… but explosive!
Buffalo Mozzarella Salad with Dry Cured Ham
- 1 Buffalo Mozzarella about 250 g
- 50 Dry Cured Ham slice
- 5 Rocket Salad
- 50 Lamb Lettuce
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes red
- 5 leaves Basil
- 5 – 6 leaves Mint
- to taste Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- to taste Black Pepper
- to taste Black Salt
- to taste Fresh Chilli Pepper sliced
- Cut the basil and fresh mint. Washes the salad and wipes it. In a bowl, put the cherry tomatoes cut in half, the salad, the fresh herbs and season with salt and extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the salad in the center of the plate and on top of it the slices of parma ham. Put the buffalo mozzarella on top of the ham, then grate some black pepper and black salt on top. Chilli to taste.
The nutrition information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a professional nutritionist.