Post is also available in: Italian
The fresh Blueberries Pie with Combawa is a truly delicious dessert. Wandering around a really well stocked fruit garden I found some beautiful blueberries and combawa or Lime Kefir and since I had been wanting to make a blueberry pie for a while I decided to combine these two ingredients and prepare one. I also found candied strawberries, I had never found them and I must admit that as much as I don’t love candied fruit, these strawberries have bewitched me! To give a touch of crunchiness to the filling, I wanted to add pecans.
Blueberries Pie with Combawa
The result of this combination is a truly fragrant Blueberries Pie, the combawa goes perfectly with the blueberries and the flavor of strawberries, releasing a truly unique and irresistible flavor. They were all satisfied with this dessert and I must admit that I was too!
Combawa is also known as Kefir Lime. It is a variety of citrus of oriental origin. Its use is very widespread in Thai cuisine. Both the leaves are used in various dishes and their scent is really strong, the juice of the fruits is at least 10 times more so, so imagine what the scent may also have the peel. Two slices of zest and hot water are enough to have a delicious infusion.
Blueberries Pie with Combawa
- 550 g Blueberries
- 100 g Strawberries
- 195 g Apple 1 yellow apple
- 2 tbs Caster Sugar
- 1 Combawa peel and juice
- 100 g Pecan Nuts
- 50 g Butter
- 1 tbs Potato Starch
Shortcrust pastry for pie
- 360 g Pastry Flour
- 175 g Butter
- 6 tbs Water
Shortcrust Pastry for Pie
- Put the flour in the bowl of the kitchen planetary mixer (you can do this by hand following the same procedure). Start it on medium speed and add a small piece of butter at a time to create a kind of sand.
- Once you have added all the butter, pour the water slowly, continuing to knead at medium speed. Once the dough will be smooth, remove it from the mixer and knead by hand for a couple of minutes create a ball and wrap it in cling film.Keep it in the fridge if you are in the summer otherwise you can keep it outside.
- Start washing the blueberries and apple. Cut the apple in half and cut it into small cubes. Grate the skin of the kiwano and then squeeze the juice.
- Chop the candied strawberries and coarsely chop the walnuts.
- Heat the pan and melt the butter, add the blueberries and sugar, cook over medium low heat.
- When the blueberries start to leave the juices, add all the other ingredients of the filling excluding the starch, cook for 5-6 minutes. Now dissolve the starch in a little water and pour it into the pan, mix well and when you see the first bubbles in the liquid, turn off the heat and let it cool for about ten minutes.
Compose the Tart
- Turn on the static oven at 190 ° C.
- Line the pan with either butter and flour or with parchment paper.
- Roll out the dough about 3 mm thin and line the pan and finish the edges. Pour the mixture and spread it evenly.
- Knead the pastry again and roll it out to cover the cake. You can create a disc and cover it by creating a hole in the center or use your imagination.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 180 ° C. Once baked, let it cool completely.
Did You Make This Recipe? Tag @RecipesJourney on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #recipesjourney</p