Fluffy and soft, the Berry Pound Cake Recipe with Lemon is perfect for breakfast, but also to cheer up any time of the day! Fresh berries, yogurt and almonds, all flavoured with lemon and lime, light and soft, one slice leads to another!
Berry Pound Cake Recipe With Lemon
This Berry Pound Cake Recipe is prepared starting from the classic pound cake with yogurt, the most prepared pound cake of all together with the marbled pound cake. I wanted to start from this base because it’s a moist pound cake recipe, from here I customized the recipe a little to create an equally delicious and light variant.
I added almond flour and grated lime to the soft yogurt Pound Cake recipe. Usually plain or apricot yogurt is used, I opted for a full-bodied lemon Vipiteno yogurt. Finally, I added raspberries and blackberries to the dough, and on the surface, before cooking, I sprinkled it with a generous handful of flaked almonds.
The result was a Berry Pound Cake Recipe that was soft, light, and moist. The berries have released their juice, impregnating the dough, while a tasty crust has been created on the surface with delicious flakes of toasted almonds. Perhaps a pinch of sugar on the surface would have been good, to obtain a glazed and slightly crunchy crust.
Berry Lemon Pound Cake Preparation
First weigh all the ingredients, wash, and dry the berries, sift the starch with the flour and baking powder and start preheating the oven to 190 °C. Don’t forget to butter and flour the pound cake pan.
Sift the almond flour into the other flours that have been sifted. Work the whole eggs with sugar, salt and flavourings, you can do it with a planetary mixer with the whipped whisk, with an electric whisk or by hand. Whisk the eggs until you get a frothy cream. Take the sunflower seed oil and start pouring it slowly while continuing to knead the dough.
Add 1/3 of the flour to the mixture and mix everything well, add the yogurt, stirring constantly. Once all the yogurt is incorporated, continue adding the rest of the flour. Once the mixture is perfectly whipped, add the berries, stirring gently.
Pour the mixture into the pan and sprinkle it with a generous handful of filleted almonds and bake for 30/40 minutes without lowering the oven. In this phase of cooking, our pound cake with berries will rise, creating the classic dome that distinguishes this dessert. Once elapsed, lower the oven to 180 °C and cook for another 15 minutes.
Once cooked, take it out of the oven and let it cool and then remove it from the pan and let it cool on a rack. Serve it once completely cooled!
If you liked the recipe of the Berry Pound Cake Recipe, you might also be interested in the Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe, and
Did you like this recipe?
Share it with your friends and family via social! 🥰
Berry Pound Cake Recipe With Lemon
- 1 Plumcake Mold 22×10 cm
- 1 Electric Hand Mixer
- 100 g Pastry Flour
- 50 g Almond Flour
- 50 g Potato Starch
- 200 g Yogurt
- 3 Eggs
- 160 g Caster Sugar
- 100 ml Sunflower Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Lemon Peels grated
- 16 g Cake Yeast
- 1 pinch of pinch Salt
- 250 g Blackberry
- 250 g Raspberry
- To taste Almonds sliced
- Butter and flour the cake tin, and wash and drain the berries.
- Sift 100 g Pastry Flour, 50 g Potato Starch and 16 g Cake Yeast. Once sifted also add 50 g Almond Flour.
- Beat the 3 Eggs and whisk them together with 160 g Caster Sugar, 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract and 1 Lemon Peels and 1 pinch of pinch Salt, using an electric whisk, until the mixture is soft and fluffy.
- Pour in 100 ml Sunflower Oil a little at a time, while continuing to whisk the mixture.
- After the oil is finished, add 4 tablespoons of flour and then, still stirring, add the 200 g Yogurt one tablespoon at a time.
- Add the rest of the flour, stirring well. Once all the flour has been incorporated, add the 250 g Blackberry and 250 g Raspberry, stirring gently so as not to break them up.
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C.
- Pour the dough into the previously buttered and floured baking tin, now cover the surface with To taste Almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then lower the temperature to 180 °C – 175 °C, depending on oven to oven, and finish baking.
- Once cooked, leave it in the baking tray for 5 minutes and then unmould it and let it cool on a wire rack.
Le informazioni nutrizionali mostrate sono una stima fornita da un calcolatore nutrizionale online. Non deve essere considerato un sostituto del consiglio di un nutrizionista professionista.