Post is also available in: Italian
The Bergamot Cake Recipe is a sweet with the intense taste and aroma of this truly unique citrus fruit. Bergamot cake is soft and moist, and not very sweet. If you want you can create a lemon glaze to cover it. I preferred to leave it natural as I intended it for breakfast.
Bergamot Cake Recipe
The execution is really easy and the result is really amazing thanks to the fruit itself which really has such a rich flavor and taste, that the possible addition of other aromas would be useless as it would cover them.
Bergamot oils, juice and pulp are used. Many products are produced with its essence, both food and non-food. With it a strong essence called Neroli is produced, its oils are used for the production of perfumes and bath foam. In the kitchen, on the other hand, the essence is produced to prepare sweets, candies, candied peel, to flavor the black tea that becomes the famous Earl Gray, a tea loved by the British, excellent for breakfast with a drop of milk. Without forgetting drinks and alcohol.
But let’s go and prepare our soft Bergamot Cake Recipe!
If you like desserts with citrus fruits try the Pie with Blueberries and Combawa!
Bergamot Cake Recipe
- 130 g Pastry Flour
- 80 g Almond Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 120 g Caster Sugar
- 100 g Butter
- 100 ml Bergamot Juice
- 1 ½ Bergamot Peel
- 10 g Cake Yeast
- 1 pizzico Salt
- After weighing all the ingredients, mix the flour and yeast.
- Separate the egg yolks from the white and add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk them until stiff. Then set them aside.
- Work the egg yolks with the sugar until you get a frothy cream. Add the soft butter until you get a smooth cream. Add the bergamot juice and zest and mix.
- Add the flour mix one tablespoon at a time and mix. Continue until incorporate all the flour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Butter and flour a loaf pan.
- Add the whipped egg white a little at a time, stirring gently from the bottom up to avoid deflating the mixture.
- Once blended, pour it into the mold and bake for 45 minutes. Once cooked, take it out of the oven and wait 15 minutes before removing it from the pan. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Did You Make This Recipe? Tag @RecipesJourney on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #recipesjourney