Post is also available in: Italian
Today, as a snack, I prepared the Arancini Recipe with Basmati Rice and Tuna. I prepared them not to waste the leftovers from the dinner the night before. In fact, I believe that the arancini are a great way to use advanced rice and avoid waste. They are simple to prepare and will not have to cook, but only to brown to obtain a nice crispy crust and melt any cheese inside them.
What is Arancini
Arancini are a typical Sicilian preparation. They are round or conical rice balls. They are usually seasoned with tomato sauce and stuffed with mozzarella, or saffron rice with peas, mozzarella and diced ham, breaded and fried. But I can assure you, they are delicious even with rice seasoned in other ways. They are a preparation now widespread throughout Italy, they can in fact be found in all takeaways, and it’s also considered a preparation that is part of Italian street food.
They are an excellent dish for an aperitif or a buffet. Those proposed today are arancini with advanced rice. But you can prepare them from scratch and also use other types of rice, such as roma or baldo. Arancini are a tasty dish to prepare in no time. As the recipe says, for our Arancini Recipe I used some of our Spicy Asian Sauce Recipe, which made them tasty and slightly spicy, and turned out to be perfect matched with tuna.
Arancini Recipe whit Spicy Tuna
- 200 g Basmati Rice
- 1 Tuna Can
- 1 tsp Spicy Sauce
- 75 g Red Pesto
- to taste Salt
- to taste Black Pepper
- to taste Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- to taste Breadcrumbs
- Cook the basmati rice according to the instructions. Once cooked, drain it well.
- Add all the ingredients except the egg and the breadcrumbs (mix your taste with Spicy Sauce). Let it cool down.
- Once cold formed 4 meatballs of the same size.
- Heat the oil for frying. Beat the egg with salt and pepper. Dip the arancino in the egg and then pass it in the breadcrumbs twice. Repeat for each arancino.
- Once the oil is hot, fry them until you get a nice golden crust on all the arancini. Drain them and put them on kitchen paper or for frying.
- Serve them hot, we served them accompanied by an appetizer with vegetables and dill gherkins.
Did You Make This Recipe? Tag @RecipesJourney on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook using the hashtag #recipesjourney