Post is also available in: Italian
Here are the savory American Waeffles Recipe. They are prepared in the same way as sweet ones with the difference that we are not going to put sugar and vanilla yeast. They are perfect for breakfast, for a snack but also for a light and tasty dinner, such as waffles with grilled vegetables. You can accompany them with various ingredients such as tomato and mozzarella, create a sort of “pizza” also adding the salami and pass them in the oven, with scrambled eggs and avocado or accompany them with cheeses and cold cuts. So you can pick to create your favorite combination.
How to Make Waffles
Savory Waffles have a dough that can be defined neutral, therefore they can be combined with salty foods but also with sweet toppings. In addition to stuffing them in different ways, you can add other ingredients to the dough to give extra flavor to your american waffles recipe, such as grated cheese, or spices such as paprika and
aromatic herbs like rosemary or oregano. As alternative to butter, you can try coconut butter. In short, it’s a basic recipe that really leaves space to imagination.
Once the american waffles recipe are cooked, cool them on a grill if you don’t consume them immediately. Otherwise the lower part will become damp and soggy. Once cold you can also freeze them, to consume them just heated them in the oven. However, I recommend that you consume them within a week.
American Waffles Recipe: Savory
- Waffle Plate
- 500 g Pastry Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 500 ml Milk
- 150 g Butter
- 2 g Salt
- 7 g Cake Yeast or Baking Powder
- Melt the butter. Mix the flour, and the other dry ingredients omitting the salt and sift them.
- Break and beat the eggs with a fork. Add the milk and start mixing. Add the melted butter while continuing to stir.
- Add the sieved flour a little at a time, add the salt. The dough should be soft, smooth and homogeneous. Leave to rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat the iron or toaster Waffel.
- With a ladle, take the waffel dough, and distribute it inside the plate and close. Alternatively you can put the dough in a jug and pour the mixture directly.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes based on how much you want them golden brown and also on the size of the waffle. Once cooked, place them on a grill to cool or serve them and stuff them to taste.