Post is also available in: Italian
For dinner we decided to prepare the American Waffles with Grilled Vegetables and Mozzarella. The result is a light and tasty dinner. To prepare the Wafflels for this recipe, we have replaced half of the pastry flour with the whole grain flour and a half of the butter with half coconut butter, which gave it a really pleasant aroma along with the oregano we added to the dough.
It’s a quick dish to prepare and if you wish you can carry it on by already grilling the vegetables and seasoning them so that they are flavored to perfection. You can also prepare waffles first, in order to assemble everything when eating them. But if you prepare everything at the moment I give you an advice to make sure that the vegetables are well seasoned. Prepare the sauce first and keep it handy. When you have grilled about half of the vegetable, pour the seasoning into it, and stir. Continue grilling and stirring from time to time, the warmth of the vegetables will help the vegetables flavor themselves.
For mozzarella instead I wanted to do an experiment. I cut it into slices, put it in a baking dish and put it in the oven until it softened and then laid it on the vegetables. In this way, the buffalo mozzarella released its water in the pan and not on the waffle soaking it. Don’t swallow all the water from the buffalo, maybe use it for a nice pasta sauce! But now we are going to prepare our American Waffles with Grilled Vegetables and Mozzarella!
American Waffles with Grilled Vegetables
- Waffle Plate
- 250 g Pastry Flour
- 250 g Whole Grain Flour
- 50 g Coconut Butter
- 50 g Butter
- q.b. Origan
- 500 g Sweet Peppers
- 400 g Eggplant
- 600 g Courgettes
- 3 Buffalo Mozzarella
- 1 Lemon
- 1 clove Garlic
- 6 leaves Basil
- to taste Origan
- to taste Dry Chili
- to taste Black Pepper
- to taste Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pinch Salt
- Clean and wash the vegetables. Sliced, not too thin or too thick.
- Heat the plate and lightly grease it, once hot start grilling it vegetables.
- Crush the garlic and chop the basil. In a bowl, add the lemon juice, the chopped basil, the oregano, the chilli pepper, the garlic, salt and oil, mix well and season the grilled vegetables while still hot.
Garnish the waffles
- Heat the oven on the grill to 170 °C (I used the thermo-grill function of my oven).
- Cut the Mozzarella di Bufala into slices and put it in a baking dish and then in the oven.
- Spread the vegetables on the Waffles and as soon as the mozzarella has become soft and elastic, take it out of the oven and lay it on the waffles. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.